nasty prius crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nasty prius crash

I keep an eye out on the hypermiling ledwinkas.
    The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

that car is grotesquely disfigured.

r.i.p to the dead

I have a fear of little cars. boxer or not, I am gonna be relapsing to the heavier past sooner than later. ???
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: nasty prius crash

Aaron would have driven by this on his way in this morning.
    This happened yesterday afternoon.

5 people passed away as a result of injuries, I think one is still in ICU.

The prius passed through the median and hit a blazer / yukon head on.

Investigation continues today - this occured on US 23 just South of I96, heard about it on the radio on the way in this morning.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I saw this on the news last night. they didn't show the prius just what was left of the blazer. My condolences to the families.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Man.....I drive through there all the time.....Yikes.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

If anyone's interested, this would have been adjacent to Brighton, MI. I grew up in this area. A real shame, for sure. My heart goes out to the families.

From the pics it doesn't appear that the batteries or cables were involved in the damage. Not that it alters the outcome.

Dan

Comment

Another grim reminder that you have to pay attention on the road. I'm not saying it could have been avoided.... but - something went very very wrong to cause a vehicle to cross a median into oncoming traffic.

Please Please Please everybody - don't drive tired!!!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I feel for the ones left behind. RIP.

x2 - what John said.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

RIP....Condolences to the families and those left behind. For some reason I-275 and US 23 have always had the worst accidents. I am not sure if its that the east side had less freeway traffic or what but I-75, M-59, M-53, Southfield, davison, 696, and I-94 east of 275 never seemed to have really bad accidents. Now that I live in Ocala...the ones we hear about the most are from I-4 (Orlando) and I-95 (North of Daytona to ft. Lauderdale.)

Still there will be an explination of why the Prius crossed the median. most likely driver over-correction. Nice to know that there wasnt anything electrically wrong with the Prius....Does anyone know if the battery in a Prius carries liquid and if so..... how much. I am curious to know if a Haz-Mat team might be needed and what..if any fluid contamination does the road surface.
                I am sure that Toyota R&D will be all over this crash.
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Working...
                X