What is the oldest dated picture that you have of your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the oldest dated picture that you have of your car

What is the oldest dated picture that you have of your car ?
    I just added mine with the login and it is one taken may 1966 it was just after my dad ordered it new . Does that count ?
    It has been host to 5 different engines since then and currently has a 454 .

Re: What is the oldest dated picture that you have of your car

I don't know about dated pictures, but I do have some of my truck when it first became a hot rod...march, 1979....although we'd had the truck for two years before then.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The Auto Trader from 1997, I found out that the tranny fix was simple and I just drove it "as is" for a long time. About 3 years ago is when I got serious.

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I couldn't resist any more, I got these pictures from my Grandma a few years ago.

This one is from August 1979, a year and a half before I was born when my Grandma got it. This one is of me at 11 months old with the car in the background from October 1981

Wish the chrome and paint still looked like that :'( it had been painted twice by the time I got it, and my Uncle had bumped it into a few things too. Someday though 8)
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This is the oldest pic I have. My parents have some pix of the car that are older by a couple of years. The little guy is me.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I have pics of dad's car from 68 I think. I know I have pics at the 70 Winternats. They were even in Car Craft a few years ago.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

C'mon Chad, you can't tell us that without showing them!
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene,you were such a cute baby...what happened? Farm accident? post the pic with the lunch box !
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                  Gene,you were such a cute baby...what happened? Farm accident? post the pic with the lunch box !
                  Yeah... they actually had me in with the cows for a couple of days until they realized I wasn't giving milk...

That lunchbox pic is actually a much older pic. Dale is the baby in that one. *AHEM* Dale, time to learn how to photo host.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    I couldn't resist any more, I got these pictures from my Grandma a few years ago.

This one is from August 1979, a year and a half before I was born when my Grandma got it. This one is of me at 11 months old with the car in the background from October 1981

Wish the chrome and paint still looked like that :'( it had been painted twice by the time I got it, and my Uncle had bumped it into a few things too. Someday though 8)
                    Cool pic's, but it make's me feel old. I was a senior in high school in Oct. of '81 :P
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

About 1994 or 5.

Comment

Not my Nova but my '55 Chevy from back in the day...348 tri power, 3 spd manual on floor (Foxcraft shifter)
                        Here's a photo from summer of '68
                        I was home on leave.....Uncle Sam had just turned me into
                        a trained killer.....later had to sell the car for plane fare back to the base
                        Those were the good old days....no responsibilities.....all I had
                        was my seabag on my back......it was all good

Comment

I have that picture but like you said , I need to learn how to put it from my pictures file to here, duh !

Comment

I bought my 65 Impala in Nov 96. This is the earliest pic I have of it from about April 97. I wish I had pics right after I bought it. It had 175/75-14 JCPenney white walls with ugly chevy hubcaps and sagging springs all around.

Yes, I had the white boy stink bug stance for about 2 years before I couldn't take the crappy handling aspects.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

this is the image that Ls7 gto requested

Comment

Working...
                              X