Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Car Show DJs -- Mostly awful or just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Car Show DJs -- Mostly awful or just me?

Seriously.....are the necessary? Do they really add to the event?

Should I really be excited when I pass within 30 feet pf the speakers and a Bobby Vinton song is playing so loud that blood shoots from my ears?
    Yes they are necessary, and I love 'em!
    0%
    No they are not necessary and I'd rather listen to an infant scream on a plane!
    0%
    They have DJs are car shows where you live?
    0%
    Other than the 5th level of hell, how else am I supposed to hear the same tired loop of 1950s music?
    0%
    I'm a car show DJ and you are a jerk.
    0%
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: POLL: Car Show DJs -- Mostly awful or just me?

Brian, car show music (namely the 50's-60's stuff they usually play) is Dante's Seventh Level of Hell.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

We just had our car show and we used the same guy we use every year. We don't listen to the same old stuff that you get at every car show. We have a bunch of new stuff mixed with up beat noise.Yea once in awhile you'll hear 409 or Little GTO,but not a lot of old stuff. We also use the wireless mic to float around and do interviews and to announce trophies and raffles and general announcements. But we like ours. My 2 cents..
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Where's the hit or miss option? That's my take. I guess most the time it's annoying. But the Ely radio station sets up a DJ booth at the car show/tech inspection site for the Silver State Challenge twice a year, and I enjoy it. They usually mix the music up from Country to Classic Rock.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I am sick and tired of 50s music being blasted over the loudspeakers at drag races and car shows. Sometimes they play 60s stuff, and really I dont want to hear Disco, or certain 80s crap, but geeeeeez do I have to hear Blue Moon and so many other songs until I want to get out my wire cutters and ease the suffering of everyone under the age of 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Seriously.....are the necessary? Do they really add to the event?

Should I really be excited when I pass within 30 feet pf the speakers and a Bobby Vinton song is playing so loud that blood shoots from my ears?
            it adds to the show. the issue is they have no way to pipe the sound so it is loud , and if you're not into that type music, can well suck..
            if it's to loud your to OLD
            it's also a way for the car show to get use of a p.a. for gate prizes and raffles, and to hand out awards, without having to set up(rent or own) a p.a. system ..
            can't blame them for not running more speakers so the sound isn't so overwelming when near the stage area, would you want your gear that far away with , that many people walking around,, the trip and fall hazard, is not worth it..
            the music isn't my style,but for the few hours a year I have to hear bee pop deluxe over a p.a. system it's agood change..
            I find it kinda funny that , a car guy that is track side alot finds this, a p.a. system LOUD..
            my vote it ADDS to the feel of the show.. and as seen as the cars shows are most times older cars, olde's are the norm..

Comment

Only one I really liked was at the Delsea Cruise In
              A great mix of all classic rock.
              He even played Stray Cat Strut when I requested it
              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

A few of them are good, but there are a lot of bad ones. The DJ we had at our show this weekend did a good job...he's the son of one of the club members. I was impressed. I only heard one show participant mention the DJ, and he was impressed too....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

All of the shows I've been to have been at Beech Bend as a side event to the drag racing. Even if they were playing music, you couldn't hear it over the cars. Who needs music when you've got that oh so sweet sound of exhaust?
                  Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Unnecessary backgound noise.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

i hate it when they have 1 cd and they repeat the songs over and over again, plus the music being from the 50's makes it worse and it being so loud that you cant talk to the guy next to you, its horrible
                      being in the younger generation i think that they should play hits from todays music but thats my opinion and the older people wont like it but they should atleast play hits that were in the 70's-90's
                      The youngest guy on the board
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

MOST DJ's are azz clowns - my brother makes more than I've spent on some of my cars to DJ a wedding in Indy - because he has talent and class - and does not attempt to be the star of the event.

With very few exceptions - DJs are like sports comentators to me - for the most part - I'm waiting for them to shut up.

I'm a fan of oldies - but only played at appropriate volume levels through reasonably good equipment and by no means should the same song be played twice in a 4-6 hour event!
                        (50's era loudspeaker horns are NOT meant to broadcast music!)
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70
                          All of the shows I've been to have been at Beech Bend as a side event to the drag racing. Even if they were playing music, you couldn't hear it over the cars. Who needs music when you've got that oh so sweet sound of exhaust?
                          This! So very THIS!

Comment

DJ Dan, he is THE car show DJ in Tucson...and I hate him...he is a snooty dick. His music is good, dont get me wrong..he doesnt play the same "traditional" car show tunes over and over...and did I mention he is a snooty dick....

I see a need for a DJ. lost kids, winners, and what not but my god..there was other music written since 1959
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

not the wolfman jerry burst ,from lead east
                              cruisin joel from the old pauls pizza cruise night in the 80s was dedicated

Comment

Working...
                              X