X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's Your View on Soliciting?

Originally posted by peewee

Amen times 50.

And in my own personal opinion from Redneck Central (Tennessee), Arizona totally ROCKS!!!!! At least there are some things going on there to try to recover America as we once knew it.

Sorry, that was politics. Okay, reset. I didn't say that at all.

Back to door knockers. Sorry.
    We don't rock that much.... Thanks to Sheriff Joe, our county(Maricopa) is now another 80 million dollars in debt, because Sheriff Joe thought he was above the law and took money to pay for Immigration enforcement from a federal fund that was suppose to fund the prisons. Now we have to pay that 80 million back to that federal fund. Plus all this immigration crap has ruined our economy, business are closing up left and right and our state has been boycotted by lots of people and organizations. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm just saying making a million plus people leave a state has it consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
      The ones that walk in when I'm not home and take my stuff without asking are the ones that give me anger control issues.
      Gene, tell it. What's up with that?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
        Originally posted by Schtauffer
        The ones that walk in when I'm not home and take my stuff without asking are the ones that give me anger control issues.
        Gene, tell it. What's up with that?
        Uhh... yeah. Not a solicitor. My house was broken into last summer. He tried to pop the latch with a scewdriver, so when that didn't work he just kicked the door in. It wasn't locked. That's right, the dumbass could have just turned the knob and walked right in. Grr....
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I don't even answer the phone

Comment

My thoughts, depends..school kids doing fund raising..sure, kids trying to earn money washing cars mowing walking dogs..I will entertain...I don't get the others at all because I live on a military base but I did way back when. I would either ask them to leave, tell them I am not interested or I would go off on a psycho rant. My reaction would depend on my particular mood at that point...I used to have big issues with my temper and often sales people would get the brunt of it on a bad day.

Look at it this way...they are just trying to make a buck just like you and I. The church goers tho..well..they can kiss my ass.

Also, I have not answered my home phone in 3 years...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Absolutely. Boy scouts, girl scouts, .....A guy and his kid came to the door. The dad crouched down behind the young boy and said, "Go ahead, son."

The kid made the best speil I'd ever heard, they were raising money for something, the kid's school trip to somewhere, or something. I was enthralled.

In the end I paid 20 bucks for a bottle of perfume water with rose petals in it. He had a whole box full of the things. Lots of effort went into it, no doubt. He had lots of them, and they all smelled different.

I told the kid and his dad, "I'm not buying this bottle full of rose petals, I'm buying that speech." I hope that meant something to that kid. Whoever that kid is, I think he's going somewhere with his skills. Probably politics, I'd hate to think.

A few yard care and vacuum cleaner salesmen later, I put the sign out. It never ends.

Should my sign say, "Only honest little sincere kids allowed to ring this doorbell?"

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                Jehovah's Witnesses: OK...here's where I become evil. They kept returning. Every half hour, the same grey Astro would pull up into my driveway and they would not leave. They knew Monte Carlo in driveway must equal the teenager at home. So I started having fun at their expense. Among other things I did...

*threw raw meat at them.
                *had my brother (and his boyfriend) answer the door nude.
                *offered them a place in the circle, but to please hurry, the sacrifice must happen soon.
                *had my g/f start the "When Harry met Sally" moaning and I answered the door, disheveled: "WHAT?! I'm BUSY!"
                *knife in hand, bloody apron on, not speaking. (I love Halloween props.)

And apparently that's a family tradition...I learned this year that my dad once answered the door, pre-occupied with himself.
                Dad thanks me for running the Jehovahs Witnesses off...
                Seems I was about 3 (ugh,1965) just the age when a little guy would want to drink the same thing as Dad.
                Knock at the door and Dad gets up to answer it,setting his just poured High Life on the table little Lance picks up said beverage,places it to his lips just as the door opens and they start there speell... about 1/2 way into it they both get an ashen look on their faces,seems I downed 10oz of High Life in about 3 shots. They just walked away....

Comment

The JWs showed up twice, funny thing is I know the husband of the woman who came by. He owns a sweet 71 Road Runner with a built 452 in it, also does water treatment. Cool guy. So we dropped the religion thing after about 45 seconds and talked cars with his friend who was there with his wife. So no I dont have problems with them and the LDS people wont ride their bikes that far to waste their time with a guy who will ask them questions that make them wonder about their own religion.

When I lived in Nebraska it was a little different. Nobody came by the house more than once, but the stupid vinyl siding people would call me twice a week, as if I could afford to spend $20k on siding... I lived in town then, and usually I could say or do something that would make the person run and never come back. My brother lets them talk to his kids about something.

Comment

Oh so your not busting the guys for trespassing then. Ok, that's cool...

I'm with you on having the guy checked out, I've called the cops on a couple of PI's that were sitting in their cars on the street in front of my house. The one guy got real upset when I went out and took pictures of him and the different cars he was in. I even called the cops on the cops before. ;) It was really neat to watch the uniform cops make the undercover guys get on the ground and get the cuffs put on them. Funny thing is the undercover guys weren't mad, they actually told me I did the right thing. :-\
                    [/quote]

dude, i gotta ask... why so many PI's, and undercover cops out front???
                    Charles

Comment

Lotsa heat lamps in the basement?
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

1bad monkey tree'd me........ what was with the stakeout?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                        X