Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears

okay, so my neighbor has been baiting his yard, and sure enough.... now we have a bear. Now don't get me wrong, yogi is cool and all of that, but a real life bear is simply a furry pig with claws. .... oh yeah, bait - put a bird feeder in a yard, bears will come.... of course I also live on bear creek (no joke) - so this is not even slightly irregular except that we chased the last bear away a couple years ago and I was enjoying the quiet.

my point... I live in the most schitzophrenic state in the nation.... we can't cut a tree down, nor can we dump our oil in the creek (or anti-freeze for that matter)... but we can shoot the bear just because I don't like the way he squints his eyes? So let me get this straight (I say to the Dept. of Nat. Resources person), we save our streams so the salmon return, put cute little cages over the mussels can live without fear of blue herons, can't cut a tree because it'll squish a spotted owl, and we must create "conservation easements" so that wildlife can get to said prestine streams..... but we can kill the bears, even though they're simply part of that food chain that you've been rebuilding?

yes, she said.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Bears

Yup, sounds about right. Usually they hate having their hypocrisies pointed out.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

there is a vid about bear evolution on the web.. but it seems to have the same mentality that columbus dicovered america, after describing a land bridge that supposedly brought bears to this contintent that supposedly had nothing to live on. I wonder how they came to that conclusion.
      ..and then in a twist of miracle, north america had the biggest bears in the world for a time.

it is funny out there. :
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A friend of mine used to live on a street called Dead Bear Draw.

Sounds like you need to rename your creek?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Bears are cute and all .... from a distance!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I would be pissed if the neighbor was baiting his yard...f-ing bears cause a lot of damage.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

So if Mr. Bear is after FiFi on a chain in the backyard - I wonder what the PETA people think about carnivorous behavior like that? When we lived in Colorado Springs the mountain lions had easy pickings if you chained your animals up near Cheyenne Mtn. or Gold Camp Road.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Deal him in - poker or euchre - either one.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Don't be too hard on the Dept. of Conservation lady. She's just following the law. Does it make sense - of course not. Want different laws - elect different people. I think those who choose to live in bear territory (or, in my case, gator territory) ought to be ready to live with bears (or 'gators). We watch the dogs and have a fenced yard - so far, no 'gators - but there certainly could be.

Phil - I think he's waiting for dinner to be served. "I LOVE those pickinik baskets".

Dan

Comment

I applaud the DNR lady who gave all the options for dealing with yogi. It was a refreshing breath of fresh air after having to breath in all the pollution that comes from sodom on the sound. ;D

Comment

i live in maine and ive seen a few bears on my road in the last 10 yrs ive lived here. there was even bear poop on my lawn one time :D

Comment

"Naughty" bear does not want to be relocated.

No idea if they shot this one or not.

Comment

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

On one of my trips to colorado the family went out for a hike in the San Isabell mountains and saw this sign, LOL

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X