A tale of luck..or not...and good service...or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A tale of luck..or not...and good service...or not

My experiences with parts and deliveries.

Working at autozone with a commercial account set up and parts runners for three years, I can only recall having them deliever parts ONCE to a non-commercial customer. The dude was a major dick, the type that regularly was calling corporate to bitch us out for nothing (well namely him asking for the wrong parts cause he was Mr. know-it-all :), so we thought we'd try and avoid that again and delivered them to his house because his truck was 'torn apart' and we sold him the wrong master cylinder, you know the one he asked for that didn't go to his truck at all : Mind you his truck has more mis-matched parts than my Skylark. The golden rule was the shop HAD to have a pre-existing account set up with us for us to deliver.

In small town Bishop, CA, the starter went out on my Jeep, I was four or five miles from the NAPA in town, they grumbled a bit on the phone, but did deliver at starter to me at the hotel.

Then lastly, working at the GMC/Pontiac dealership, I didn't work in the parts department, but I would not be surprised in the least if they would deliever to someone's home/shop if the same situation occured. I kinda got the same feeling working at the Ford dealership, but thought those parts guys a little less willing to help than the folks at the GMC/Pontiac dealership.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

As we walk through life we make mistakes.... if we're not making mistakes it's cause we're asleep.....

How you handle your errors is the key to Who you are..... that simple...

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
        As we walk through life we make mistakes.... if we're not making mistakes it's cause we're asleep.....

K
        there are some pundits who would argue that I make mistakes even when I sleep ;D
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

only if your a democrate.... LOL

( Pick a side and laugh... life's short...)

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
            Originally posted by KeithTurk

K
            there are some pundits who would argue that I make mistakes even when I sleep ;D
            Should we survey your wives? I'm pretty sure Tonya would agree with Aaron ;D
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
            X