Some pictures from the far north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures from the far north

Here are some shots from up here. Since I have moved up here, I have taken about 600 photos, so these are a small selection of what gets in front of my lens.

Most of what I photo falls into the nature category. Not to exciting, but it is all around up here.

You see some neat cars around campus.

This 'vette sounds turbo'ed:

A nice clean old ford, right? Nothing to different about this one.

Well, as long as you don't see a megasquirted flathead as different:

Found this old Fairmont for $1800

Then some more random ones:

Cliff diving.

The hood open, exposing the lack of a soul:

The only time since I have been up here that someone else actually used my camera to photo me:

Re: Some pictures from the far north

Nice pictures Walt, but names of those in this pic?

Originally posted by 116ciHemi

Cliff diving.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

That's my sister Beth, my Dad Bill and Me. That was a self timer shot in an old copper processing mill.

Comment

Your dad kinda looks like the guy from Painless Performance.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

That's great that your taking lots of photos. When you get to be 45 years old you'll appreciate them more than you can imagine.

What do they want for that Fairmont?. . . .wait, nevermind. :D
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Do you go to MI Tech?

Comment

Nice pics. I especially like the sinking crane and that night shot of the draw bridge. very cool.

did ya feel the earthquake up there? Google... Michigan earthquake.....
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I didn't know about any earthquake till you told me. And, yes, I am a freshman up here at tech.

Comment

The 'quake' was in Menominee, and that is quite a ways from where Walt is, also it wasnt strong enough that I could feel it and I am halfway between Houghton and Menominee. I guess it opened up a 200 yard crack in the ground down there on the Wisconsin border.

Stop in when you are bored Walt, always something to do around here, not all of it is work either.

Comment

Good to see pics of you and yer Pop, Walt. Say "HI" from me. The Sis looks surprisingly normal! Don't be too hard on the Focus - they're great, tough little A-to-B transports and that's a really good thing to have at school. You'll get something cooler later, I'm sure. Hope you're having fun and learning stuff.

Grandpa Dan

Comment

So Walt, how is the dating scene been since all the advice your BS big brothers gave you awhile back?

Oh, nice photo aray. I love seeing sites from around peoples haunts, that old delapatated cooper mine is sooo bitchin'.

When you see an old building, or business etc. reset your camera to black and white and take a few for contrast.

I like photos like your floor level shoot of the school hallway too.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Your Dad reminds me of Walt Reynolds... hmm Walt and Walt....
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                          So Walt, how is the dating scene been since all the advice your BS big brothers gave you awhile back?
                          It still sucks. I go to a school with a 3.5:1 guy to girl ratio.

Neal, didn't you meet my parents in June?

Anyway here are some more shots from the mill:

Comment

Cool pics, the U.P. is very scenic for old run down stuff, trees, lakes, and roads that seem like they havent been traveled in decades. Nowhere in the U.P. is good for dating. In the last 6 months I have had one date, then again I am old enough to be your dad too. You have more options, Marquette has plenty of college women in it, just drive down and my buds can show you around. I would but something about me drives women away...

You dont need a woman anyway, they are just expensive and full of drama.

Comment

What are you doing Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                              X