• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built a Shed for the 80gal compresser and made use of milk crates

storage 101

and yes that is t11 that is that warped. thanks home depot

Re: Built a Shed for the 80gal compresser and made use of milk crates

and before you ask the contact lens bottles are great for pb blaster/m.m.o. and squeeze bottles. right price too. ;D

Comment

richie built one like that at his dad's house to hide the compressor ,years ago
      looked like an outhouse

Comment

That's my kind of storage.

Well done.

Comment

nice work.

Do you have an auto drain valve on that compressor?

Ice forming in the bottom of the tank in the winter maybe an issue.

Sure is nice to get that noise out of the shop - I've been considering similar ideas - move it out under the lean to- or build a room around it.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Looks good.Did you know possesion of milk crates is a Federal crime.

Comment

That's a pretty slick idea! I was going to scam some from work to use as moving container for parts I want to bring out to PA.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                nice work.

Do you have an auto drain valve on that compressor?

Ice forming in the bottom of the tank in the winter maybe an issue.

Sure is nice to get that noise out of the shop - I've been considering similar ideas - move it out under the lean to- or build a room around it.
                MANUAL DRAIN piped out to the back wall

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                  Looks good.Did you know possesion of milk crates is a Federal crime.
                  in a year or 2 milk crates will be a thing of the past

Comment

Good job dude, home built storage is the best! Wish I had room to get the compressor out of the garage ...
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I considered that sort of thing but my compressor sits in an otherwise unusable corner beside one of the front doors. Still, it would be great to get the noise out of the shop. I still need to build a lean-to off the back to get fuel-containing stuff out of the main building. I even have most of the materials. Some day.......

Dan

Comment

Dan - I plan on building a sound box around my compressor - 4x8 sheets of foam board or fiberglass battes hanging from the roof to surround the compressor - just an idea, may not work at all - but if it does appreciably reduce the noise - I'll let you know so you can duplicate.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Cool.

All T111 warps, liberal use of construction adhesive and some bar/pipe clamps will put the smackdown on that warpage!

Having spent my highschool years working in a grocery, I have a soft spot for milkcrates. Restocking the dairy case was the best time killer, most enjoyable part of the job.

I gotta ask, what's taking place of milkcrates? I can see where a change is coming, as all grocery stores are stocked from within the cooler with rolling rack/carts. Is this the replacement?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Great idea. It always helps to get the noise out of the shop. Great use for old milk crates, too.

My buddy and I built a storage room in the corner of his shop for his compressor and a few other things. It's great being able to close the door and drown out that compressor noise. His shop is 36' x 48' though, so there's plenty of room for that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X