If you are a baseball fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are a baseball fan...

You've got to be jacked up about Halladay versus Lincecum on Saturday night. Two of the best in the game head to head. I think this is one of the best post season pitching match-ups of the last 20 years, which is about as far back as my decent baseball memory goes.

I know lots of you guys don't give a rip about sports, but this is one of he few times that you get to see two people who are better at their job than just about everyone else on Earth square off. I'm pulling for Timmy!

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: If you are a baseball fan...

oh ima baseball fan, I know its a lil odd this year with the giants and the rangers in the post season and im sure the masses are pulling for "those guys" from new york with the passing of thier owner, Im gunna try to catch that game and ive got my money on the phillies to win the whole thing this year
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I love baseball, but a little bummed that the Red Sox are out of it. Saturday's game should be an interesting one. I will be watching.

Comment

The Sox season was a toughie this year. So many freaking injuries, it was like the Paw Sox team half the year! They fought their way through and even battled to the end, costing the Yanks the division, couldn't ask much more of them than that.

Pitching rotation, which should have been awesome, didn't live up to the hype. Lackey and Beckett weren't working as advertised!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          The Sox season was a toughie this year. So many freaking injuries, it was like the Paw Sox team half the year! They fought their way through and even battled to the end, costing the Yanks the division, couldn't ask much more of them than that.

Pitching rotation, which should have been awesome, didn't live up to the hype. Lackey and Beckett weren't working as advertised!

Brian
          Maybe they can heal up during the off season and be healthy for the next season. We can only hope.

Comment

Well, the Yankees pulled on out in spectacular fashion last night. It is amazing how often they can do that.

Comment

Texas was CRUISING!

When he was safe on the hustle dive into first base I knew it was going to lead to bad things for the Rangers. Seen those guys turn games like that on the Sox too many times! :'(

Comment

the ghosts of october past kick in when the yankees are in post season

Comment

1956 - my grandfather was at the perfect game
                  first pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Texas was CRUISING!

When he was safe on the hustle dive into first base I knew it was going to lead to bad things for the Rangers. Seen those guys turn games like that on the Sox too many times! :'(
                    Well, they couldn't pull off today, but they are on the way back home. Heaven help the Rangers in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                      I love baseball, but a little bummed that the Red Sox are out of it. Saturday's game should be an interesting one. I will be watching.
                      that is the only time I pay attention.
                      when the sox are in.

this year the bruins are gonna kick ass. Yankess can't win. I know baseball like the back of my hand. :
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Okay....Brian the baseball fan. I'm way less than a fan but from out here in right field I've got a technical question.

It seems from the sports news (nobody can miss it if the TV is on), this year in particular there seems to be a rash of no-hitters being thrown.

What's the difference? What has given the advantage to the pitcher?
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

PeeWee...honestly, it seems like just one of those deals.

When all the guys were juiced up on 'roids, the number of no-nos was down because the guys swinging the bats were chemically enhanced. Seems the game has moved past that now. There's just a ton of great arms out there. Sometimes in baseball it just seems like the planets align and "stuff" happens. One of the reasons I like the game.

Joe, those Texas boys may have the suds to pull this thing off, but they are certainly haded into the lion's den up there. The boss's spirit will be alive and well in the new stadium!

Spidey...I agree with the lone exception of 2004, the ghosts missed the memo.

Boxer....the Bruins are looking GOOD....it'll be a fun winter. I hate the Celtics, so it is great to finally have a hockey team in town again!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X