Lunch With Luke & Other Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch With Luke & Other Stuff

Lucky day for me! Luke (betterwithboost) was in the area for work and we had a great dining experience at PT's (best burgers on the planet) in Porter's Neck (right by our house). Luke and his bro Seth (farenschell) are great guys and it's always fun for this old fart to spend time with either or both of them.

I've also had some Emails back and forth with David Perris (Rack4U and Celeste's Dad - sharpie Nova). Also a great guy. I plan to drive to Ohio in the near future to look at some mezzanine he's removing from a building so we should get together in the not to distant future. Let me suggest that you PM David if you live in the SE and need rack shelving - he's your guy.

Bottom line - if you get a chance to hook up with other BSers - DO IT!!!!! Always a great way to spend time.

Dan

Re: Lunch With Luke & Other Stuff

Was the force with him?

Comment

Of course!

Comment

Good deal Dan. I got together with one of my car buddies down here in Texas today too.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I bombed down to Marquette today to hang out with Todd (Thumpin455). It was nice to meet a fellow BS'er and he let me drive his LS1 powered Formula around a little bit. The downside is that pretty much every weekend I go out of the dorms and find something to do, I come back and tell my roommate. My roommate now thinks I am lying since I told him I got to drive a Firebird. Oh well.

-Walt

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Bottom line - if you get a chance to hook up with other BSers - DO IT!!!!! Always a great way to spend time.

Dan
            I have to agree with huge enthusiasm. Dan, it was such a pleasure to meet you and others at Maxton. And a huge thanks to Pumpkin for calling me out and making it be so.

pw
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It was fun having Walt stop by, had to prod him to get the Formy over 50. I should have taken the car in my sig out and given him a ride. He wore his ECTA hat to taunt me, now I am going to have to get one. That means I gotta build something to run.

Comment

Todd, you know we'd LOVE to have you. Come on down and I'll put you to work. I suggest you come spectate/volunteer the first time and sort of get a lay of the land. Take the Driver Orientation. Get a rule book and a hat. And see how the folks are building stuff. I'm still partially clueless but it was a big help to build with at least a little knowledge.

Dan

Comment

Sometimes BS member pop up out of no where..

I was at the Drag strip yesterday for a charity race for Rainbows Childeren Hospital in Akron. My final run was versus a new white challengar. As I was pulling up to my trailer the challengar pulls in behind me. "Oh crap what did I do to piss of the other driver" Here is it was Bobbi, hemiwomen, stopping to say Hi! She saw the BS sticker on my mustang. She and her husand drove up from Kent for the race.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Neal - I don't think I've seen Hemiwoman on here. Is she lurking or have I just missed her posts? I like having women here, given that ME doesn't give a rip about car stuff. It's cool to know that SOME women do.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      Neal - I don't think I've seen Hemiwoman on here. Is she lurking or have I just missed her posts? I like having women here, given that ME doesn't give a rip about car stuff. It's cool to know that SOME women do.

Dan
                      I believe she is a powertour thread view only. Some people are afraid of the General board.
                      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo

I was at the Drag strip yesterday for a charity race for Rainbows Childeren Hospital in Akron. My final run was versus a new white challengar. As I was pulling up to my trailer the challengar pulls in behind me. "Oh crap what did I do to piss of the other driver" Here is it was Bobbi, hemiwomen, stopping to say Hi! She saw the BS sticker on my mustang. She and her husand drove up from Kent for the race.
                        I think this one is Bobbi & Ken's also Neal - (Birmingham autocross)

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                          Originally posted by nesabo

I think this one is Bobbi & Ken's also Neal - (Birmingham autocross)

Yep they had both at the track, didn't get to meet Ken.
                          Neal

Comment

Yep, Neal is correct that Bobbi & Ken mostly are on the Power Tour board.

They were supposed to come on the Blue Ridge Parkway "Fall Colors Tour" this weekend, but missed it to attend the charity race for Rainbows Childeren Hospital.

Great people.

Comment

Working...
                            X