Serious anger: What would you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious anger: What would you say?

A friend of mine was hurt in a vehicle crash in Fairbanks, AK a couple of days ago. He's in an Anchorage hospital recovering, last I heard he's off the breathing machine. Mutual friend in TX sends me a link to the news release in Fairbanks. I made the serious mistake of reading the comments.

Article: http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...omment_9893201

I posted this:
    "At least one of the men is someone I know. I get sent here by a mutual friend of ours, and what do I see? Politics. Arguments over vehicle type. I'll say it...that is sad. So, so sad.

If alcohol did indeed contribute to the crash, then so be it. If they were not wearing seatbelts, so be it. They're grown adults and will be held responsible for their actions.

But everything else is a MOOT POINT. Vehicle control matters, no matter WHAT vehicle you drive, WHERE you drive it. You are entitled to your opinions on that subject, but here, the argument is unnecessary. Personal choice allows them to own and operate whatever vehicle they choose.

What does a utopian car-less vision of yours have to do with the fact that two men are in the hospital due to a car accident and that friends all over the world are worried about them? NOTHING. That's what. "Broad social issues" are great for when you're debating them. For this, it's highly inappropriate. You want to run for an office? You want to preach your agenda? Then go run for an office.

Thank you to those who have them in your prayers. Please continue to pray for them..
    "

I'm sitting here seething....what the f**k is wrong with people?!!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Serious anger: What would you say?

I'm sorry for your friends. I'm even sorry for the people that feel compelled to add additional grief to those already grieving.

When my brother was killed in the accident he caused, some people said the same type of things.... and no, it's not easy to forgive - but why stay mad at them? it doesn't help. Granted, I admit that even though I profess Christianity, if they were drowning I'd only give them a glass of water
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Grieving is for freinds, the rest will be spectators. So they spectate. People who are not close to a bad situation cannot be blamed for curiousity and blabbermouthing, just how it is.

An acquaintance died a couple years ago in a very similar incident. Jeep, night, low-speed, ejection...and hammered...anyways you couldn't get a seat at the funeral home, the crowd was into the driveway.

If we knew the answer to it all then things wouldn't be the problem they get to be.

Comment

Remy, you just need to let go of the anger. The internet is full of jerks; and unfortunately its just another thing we have to deal with in the modern age.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
          Remy, you just need to let go of the anger. The internet is full of jerks; and unfortunately its just another thing we have to deal with in the modern age.
          +1
          it does not matter the subject. I think of the net as an anti-soul.. in real life the runted mind speaking big would not happen.

of course jeeps flip...the cj 7 is famous for it.
          no concern for people digging up an old known fact is just runted minds... runted internet minds everywhere. >
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

After I lost my brother in an unfortunate vehicle accident, people said some pretty stupid and insensitive things about it for many years. I found it's easier to brush their shit off and move on, rather than let it stay on my face. What goes around comes around.

The internet message boards allow people to anonamously say the stupid things they really would want to say in person but don't because of decorum.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Ignore it. Particularly when they espouse living in a city so you can walk everywhere. I hated living in a city, and if I moved to Alaska it would be to get away from idiots like him. Obviously they missed out on some important genetic traits somewhere down the line, you know like the ones that provide for intelligence. Perhaps they missed out on another thing that is learned, its called empathy.

The net is full or smacktards and halfwits, just ignore them and move on. They arent your problem, be concerned for your friend, not with someone pushing a stupid agenda.

Comment

Ignore 'em Bryan ... Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

People will continue to monday morning QB everything ... its what the ignorant do ....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

it is a sad fact that people in general suck.

Watch what goes down in most forums, even down to the simplest thing like a video...someone has to put their 2 cents in. It makes them feel important and superior. Those people lead sad meaningless existence and have nothing better to do than run the mouth...the funny thing is, most wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to open their mouth in person...they just sit behind a computer and flame away because there is no retribution

I say f-'em.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

hold on ,not so fast..
                    there has been thinks posted here, a crash or whatever, and everybody opened there mouth,
                    it's done on everything , and because no one here was part of it ot it didn't "hit close to home"
                    it was cool to blast off..
                    remy, it's the same there, only difference is it IS hitting close to home.
                    sorry about your friend..
                    but realize, everybody has done it, commented of a story , and how stupid the ones involves might have been..
                    what if they're friends read a thread here, it be the same.
                    might want to remember that, next time we all get ready to post on how stupid someone must of been..
                    prayers sent, hope he(they) pull through

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                      hold on ,not so fast..
                      there has been thinks posted here, a crash or whatever, and everybody opened there mouth,
                      it's done on everything , and because no one here was part of it ot it didn't "hit close to home"
                      it was cool to blast off..

My point exactly...people spout off here too, appropriate or not. most of the time most people dont bite on the bait and it doesnt turn into a flame war....More often than not the folks here have a little more tact than some of the other forums I ahve been to...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X