Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man to be reunited with stolen Mustang with extra 300,000

March. 21, 2008

LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man is getting his Mustang back — 38 years after it was stolen. The vehicle has an extra 300,000 miles and a different paint job, but Eugene Brakke's 1965 Mustang is evidently running just fine. Brakke reported the car stolen to Burbank police in May 1970.

One month later, a Long Beach teenager named Judy Smongesky received the car as a high school graduation gift from her father, who had bought it at a used-car dealership.

Smongesky, who now lives in San Diego, said Thursday she had been driving and maintaining the car for nearly four decades, and only learned that it had been stolen when she recently prepared to sell it. San Diego police verified the car was hot.

"It's his car, even though he had it for four years and I had it for 38," Smongesky said. "He seems like a real nice gentleman, though." Brakke found out Smongesky had twice rebuilt the engine and painted the Mustang from its old gold color to silver-blue. "He wasn't too happy with that," Smongesky said.

The pair planned to meet up to transfer the car soon. "It was hard but it was the right thing to do," Smongesky said. "I haven't really cried yet, but when he drives it away, I think I'll fall apart."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23746029/]URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23746029/[/url]
    sigpic

Re: Man to be reunited with stolen Mustang with extra 300,000

That suck's, ol' Eugene should just let her keep it at this point.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Re: Man to be reunited with stolen Mustang with extra 300,000

Maybe pay the original owner a 1970 fair market value?
      Don
      "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

Working...
      X