WIW 55 Chevy Belair 2Dr Sedan body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIW 55 Chevy Belair 2Dr Sedan body

I have a chance to purchase a 55 Chevy Sedan Body, NO front clip, glass , interior, trim. Surface rusted from sitting outside but no major rot. Rear quarters are repairable along witrh the doors and decklid. Roof may have been jumped on at one time. Everything else is missing. He wants 2500.00 OBO. What do you think. I have pics but don't know how to post them .
    61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Re: WIW 55 Chevy Belair 2Dr Sedan body

Sounds a bit high to me. I don't know though. We have a tow truck driver that we use who has a '57 210 Post car for sale that is complete and almost rust free for $4500. Original paint and patina even. I'll see if I can get him to post it up here or get more info for you.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

i boought my 57 2 door post
      i am 3 rd owner motor tranny in car and a trunk full of 60's speed parts i did not know about till i got it home for $2500 and that was a complete car
      people have these and think that they are worth a ton because of the BJ auctions and such and they sit and sit etc...
      makes this hobby harder and harder
      i would say it is a lil high or he is lol

Comment

too high for that pkg - - IMHO

keep lookiing they're out there 8)

Comment

Sounds kinda high,even if it is for the first car ever built worth owning.From your description it might be worth 1500.You know what they say "a car's only worth what someone will pay for it RIGHT NOW"

Comment

It does sound a little high. There was a 56 Nomad in the paper here a couple months ago for 4000.00. Complete rolling car with no motor or trans.

Comment

Thanks, i was thinking 1000-1500. I've know about the car for 20 years and seen it rot that long. I'll see if he gets any offers on it.
              61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Working...
              X