X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66PAPR W8
    replied
    Re: Favorite Nostalgia Funny Car

I like the Buick that was in Hot Rod a few months back.

Here a shot of one my dad took at MId America Raceway back in the day. I've tried to find info on this car but never could.

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

gil kirk
    I liked the colt wagon they ran with a westlake 340 in altered

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
    HoLy CrAp!! WhAt Is ThIs!!!!

Nationwise Rod Shop had an amazing stable of race cars

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

jungle pam is the coolest

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied

HoLy CrAp!! WhAt Is ThIs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied

Originally posted by mlcraven
    Originally posted by ls7gto
    the poverty stricken vega is bitchen, and the Jungle Jim camaro that ran at CHRR is just sexy.
    Agree. Saw Poverty Stricken at VMP IHRA Nitro Jam last weekend and was incredibly impressed.

Hijack, but $5 to park, $25 each to get in (at the gate), great show, lots of interesting stuff in the pits, neat T-shirts and souvies for sale, and the first time I've actually seen Top Fuel and Pro Fuel runs in the flesh. Phenomenally entertaining and the best $55 I've spent on motrsports in the last 20 years. Even the wife had a good time and wants to do it again (whenever she wants to do it again I have to be happy ;D ).

Compared to the little tracks in Canada VMP is a an impressive set-up. With the IHRA Nitrojam deal done I'm stoked to see NHRA at Z-max.
    That's cool you had a good time, Friday was rained out....As soon as they called it I seen a blue spot in the sky and it stoped raining. Then they announced that Saturday would be worth double....2 laps for almost $10K with a pratice lap around 1PM.

While we were waiting for our winner circle pics to be taken ;D ;D ;D I stood on the starting line right between Steve Nichols and Peter Gallen while they ran their final and it was awesome...With Nichols going up in smoke at the hit and peddeling sideways until around half track and Peter going straight down the track.

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied

Always been a fan of Jim Liberman's cars... oh & Pam was nice too ;D

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied

Rollin Stoned

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mlcraven
    replied

Originally posted by ls7gto
    the poverty stricken vega is bitchen, and the Jungle Jim camaro that ran at CHRR is just sexy.
    Agree. Saw Poverty Stricken at VMP IHRA Nitro Jam last weekend and was incredibly impressed.

Hijack, but $5 to park, $25 each to get in (at the gate), great show, lots of interesting stuff in the pits, neat T-shirts and souvies for sale, and the first time I've actually seen Top Fuel and Pro Fuel runs in the flesh. Phenomenally entertaining and the best $55 I've spent on motrsports in the last 20 years. Even the wife had a good time and wants to do it again (whenever she wants to do it again I have to be happy ;D ).

Compared to the little tracks in Canada VMP is a an impressive set-up. With the IHRA Nitrojam deal done I'm stoked to see NHRA at Z-max.

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

looks good
    AH YEAH! That's the shit right there ;D. Flying Dutchman had some great looking stuff too

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

looks good

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

the arrow was an awkward looking street car
    the pickup too

Leave a comment:

• gasser1961
    replied

I dig the Beach City Chevy and anything with an Arrow body.

Leave a comment:

• BangShiftChad
    replied

I'm with Freiburger on Nostalgia Funny Cars. Any of them that look like the should have been run do it for me.

Mr. Explosive is one of my favorites because it just looks bitchin and they are great people. Plus, it never ran but looks like it should have back in the day.

The shorter the nose, and the cooler the graphics, the better. It just screams cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X