Anti-Prius vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Prius vent

I have never made it a hidden fact: I detest Washington State with a passion. Oh, sure, there are things I like: summertime when there's berries ready to be eaten, beaches to be explored, mountains to hike in...the entertainment that the Seattle Metro area provides...

But there are downsides, too. The weather just flat blows 70% of the year, and that's if it's not actually blowing (Favorite violent weather: WINDSTORM), I-5 traffic in the Seattle Metro area, and the one that got me tonight, that has gotten me over the years since I moved back in '05:

Obnoxious as all .... tree-hugging granola-crunching envronmental freaks and their agendas. And fking Toyota Priuses.

I can't stand these rolling atrocities. The first generation Prius looked like a slightly altered Toyota Echo, another rolling dose of Ambien. But the 2nd generation, which claims 54mpg normally, has the ability to turn the purchaser into an uppity, asinine son of a bitch that sparks every last one of my nerves on fire. These rolling doorstops are the equivalent of ordering eggs and toast and being served dry wheat germ...

Tonight, I made a quick food and gas run in the Monte Carlo. At the fuel pump, I'm leaning back feeding the beast it's 92-octane shake when a green-gray Prius pulls up. As the owner gets out he looks at my car, makes a "Tuh!" noise and shakes his head and starts pumping fuel. Oh, no...I'm not normally quick to start a conversation with anyone, but this just did it.

Me: "'Scuse me...what was that for?"
    Prius: "What?"
    Me: "That 'tuh'...what was that for?"
    Prius: "It's for your lack of education on the planet's crisis, or at least your indifference to your fellow man by driving THAT." (points at the Monte)

A quick comparo: V8 Monte Carlo gets 38mpg highway and doesn't turn into an instant HAZMAT spill when involved in an auto accident. We'll hold off on the carbon footprint of making a Prius, I don't have that particular flowchart memorized yet.

I make the mistake of explaining the battery=yellow suits thing to him....oh, this does not go over well...

Prius: "How can you stand there using false science? You don't know what you're talking about! Another scared warmongerer who's afraid that envronmental qualities will win the day, that's what the f..k you are!"
    Me: "Cute. Real cute. So you're against the military, too, right?"
    Prius: "If you weren't driving your gas-guzzling tank they wouldn't need to be ...."
    Me: "And here's where I stop you. I was over there. And I came back and bought this f..king tank. And I'll drive it where I damn well please. And I'll drive my even bigger tank through your goddamned Prius, then have the HAZMAT crew clean the residue off my car."

Prius owner looks suddenly scared. And hey, he's done fueling, so off he goes.

If only I'd been driving the Mirada tonight... ;D

Seriously, I get it, I really do. I applaud cars like the Fusion hybrid, the diesel VW's, older 80's subcompacts that got it done without unobtanium and hair from the golden ox...it's their attitudes. I had a woman a few years back try to spray-paint the Chevelle green because I was "harming the environment". I hate these morons with a passion yet undefined. I really do.

Can someone make a "F..k your Prius" bumper sticker for me?!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Anti-Prius vent

Prius's, the number one cause of SMUG.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This is all I have to say about that

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

How do you really feel Bryan? ;) ;D
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I have gained an understanding of the carbon stuff.

I beelined to a little boxer that get 20 times bigger than itself....I had something to prove too.

I too had a monte carlo, it was a bad vibe as a daily.. only because fuel was about to skyrocket. that was midlate 90s .I'd just assume drive it forever.. that weight was just right, that boggy 305. Money changed my mind.

I see little cars forced to stay little and assume oppression... in worst case scenarios a runted mind. All the boxers get out of it. they have a means to work like a truck. Not just a monute long video on you tube either.. I mean every day for decades...less than 1.8 liters.

that 4 door 1977 impala with low nickel v8 blocks can still haul 5 people comfortably...and not crumple like a weak back ledwinka for unnecessary death and unecessary destruction. The big chevy is more a hypermiling chance than a prius for workability.

When a tree hugger complains of a tractor trailer or a bus.. they got problems. what does a prius do with 40tons? The real work for footprint is what matters. Most of these little cars are obscenely selfish. In fact any transverse.. it is just grtesque selfish engineering.

If my own vow to little actually functioning failed (no boxer in other words) I'd walk away from every little car. As it is, it is as small as I go and ever gone.

treehuggers need some education too.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have yet to tangle with one of these folks, but if I do, look out!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

About a month ago, I was hanging out with my old boss's friends (who are in their late 40's/early 50's), they had started drinking well before I showed up in my Centurion. They got all excited about the car and wanted to go for a ride, cruise Ely :D They hop in, some classic rock songs come on, Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick, etc, anyways I end up behind this Prius going 10mph under the speed limit (yup, 15mph), and I start romping on and off the throttle, getting that bounce going like only an old hooptie can do and cracking a bunch of jokes about off setting their carbon credits, making sure it warms up in Ely, thanks for saving fuel for me, etc :D We were cracking up when I finally went around him. They kept saying after I'd hit the throttle "Are we out of gas yet?" :D :D
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                How do you really feel Bryan? ;) ;D
                It would take Brian and Chad about zero seconds to shut me down if I said it...so, I'll use a picture instead:

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Someday in the not too distant future, Prius owners will find out just how compareable their cars are to older technology. They pollute, they require up-keep, they require, tires..batteries....windshields...oil...fuel...and on and on. The only difference IMO between the two is SLIGHTLY cleaner emmsions. Now I am very aware that a Prius doesnt emit what a 1970 Monte carlo does.... but other than fuel economy...they still pollute. PERIOD. My favorite example is brake pads. I am not certain what the Prius has for brakes.... but last I looked ALL cars are required to have some sort of braking and fuel cell/engine braking will not meet current safety regulations. Brake pads emit gasses and dust...anyone ever consider the SMUG idiots ought to chew their gray matter on that... how about leaking batteries... how about asking them if they considered extra insurance for an accident where the other party gets electrocuted from their car... I wonder if my insurance policy covers that. On that note...does YOUR current insurance policy cover issues regarding collisions with Hybrids?
                  Sorry...topics like this get me on a roll. Speaking of this...i forgot to ask the Service Manager at work where the cattle hook/prod and boots and gloves are when woking on a Tahoe Hybrid. Also need to read up and see if i can get certified on the safety training.
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

one cut us off on the hiway the other day, also running 10 mph
                    under the speed limit UGH!
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

ahhh the pious , styled so's you can show your concern for earth and atmosphere with the family new car purchase
                      honda lagged behind pious sales , as the civic had no external styling features to show the neighbors how much you care for the big blue marble
                      so now honda had to sell it's own fastbacked uggo machine
                      honda and toyota can slide into the sea of japan for all I care

Comment

Reading about the Prius...or should it be the Pollutus... considering it gives negative vibes to non greenies. Anyway.... hit the WIKI link for the prius. The battery is a Nickel Metal Hydride or NiMH for short. The ELECTROLYTE is: Potassium Hydroxide...which when combined with Water forms an acid. Can you say reduced life expectancy of todays roads after collisions with cars containing NiMH batteries? I am curious since our roads are so pourus...how well will the rebar hold up?

In other News WAL-MART has had to drastically raise the cost on all products across the board in order to meet its insurance premiums for carrying the spiral light bulbs....turns out they didnt meet the minimum requirements for HAZ-MAT coverage with the mercury in all the CF bulbs.
                        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
                          I have yet to tangle with one of these folks, but if I do, look out!
                          x2 I don't see many of the extreme treehugger types in KY. They're around, but they aren't stupid enough to take on a bunch of gun-totin' rednecks when they see 'em driving jacked up trucks and muscle cars. If they wanna drive a rolling POS, that's their choice; just like it's my choice to drive 2 vehicles that get horrible gas mileage but are fun as hell. To each their own; that means there's more high octane for me ;D
                          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Motor City Impala
                            Someday in the not too distant future, Prius owners will find out just how compareable their cars are to older technology. They pollute, they require up-keep, they require, tires..batteries....windshields...oil...fuel...and on and on.
                            No they won't, because they trade them in on the new model every couple years

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

dust to dust analysis shuts em down everytime. that is, if i care, I'll say it.... if I don't... I'll thank them for keep my fuel costs lower so I can drive my H3 ;D and a red H3 bearing down on a prius wipes the smug right off
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X