Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats on almost 6500 members

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
    I couldnt even tell you how I found this place, might of been thru V8S10.org, hell i dunno but this place put a camera back in my hand, took to bowling green to see IMO one of the greatest motorsports events ive ever seen, renewed a interest in other forms of motorsports, and now with a idea running thru my head that could turn out to be pretty freakin cool for the BS site and members
    do tell

Comment

i will, soon ;)
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I've been around since the CarJunkieTV days and this site has become part of my daily life. I feel like I know most of you guys even though we haven't met yet, except for Chad. And thanks to him, the Montego made it's film debut ;D.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Some of us have been here since the Hot Rod forums
          were hoppin, then the switch was made, we followed suit.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
            Simply put - this site ROCKS.

we may not have the same numbers as the bullet, but the quality of the folks here - and the level of mutual respect and friendly motivation is unprecedented.

Seriously - where else could a young man in highschool auto shop find his way to a standing mile land speed competition several states from home, and PARTICIPATE!

Where else could a group of guys from all over the country build a landspeed car together and nearly hit 200mph on the first iteration?

How about moving a car from coast to coast thanks to members giving of themselves?

Heck - I even got help loading a bunch of steel onto a trailer from guys in Indy who'd never met me in person before.

If nothing else - the internet has furnished us this place - and for that I'll always be grateful!
            Don't forget drinking beer in an upstairs conference room in a hotel in PA for an entire weekend. ;) ;D
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by min301
              Some of us have been here since the Hot Rod forums
              were hoppin, then the switch was made, we followed suit.

yup...

There are 2 folks I wish would have followed us over...Hurricanewayne..the dude with the hot rod van...and the dude in Oklahoma who was restoring his gramps Chevy panel truck...he got as far as installing the big block and the fender well headers and then they powers that be made the decision to make the forum into crap

How about the dude that walked off with all the parts members sent him for the Hot Rod Forums project?

this is way better than the HR forum ever was...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

or snoop deville

Comment

I hit my head this morning and I don't remember how I got here.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                    Simply put - this site ROCKS.

we may not have the same numbers as the bullet, but the quality of the folks here - and the level of mutual respect and friendly motivation is unprecedented.

Seriously - where else could a young man in highschool auto shop find his way to a standing mile land speed competition several states from home, and PARTICIPATE!

Where else could a group of guys from all over the country build a landspeed car together and nearly hit 200mph on the first iteration?

How about moving a car from coast to coast thanks to members giving of themselves?

Heck - I even got help loading a bunch of steel onto a trailer from guys in Indy who'd never met me in person before.

If nothing else - the internet has furnished us this place - and for that I'll always be grateful!
                    It's impossible not to agree that this is a great site with tons of awesome people and a wealth of experience and knowledge, for which I am also grateful. On the other hand, as with any group of people, this community is not without its shortcomings. And I don't know how to avoid this problem, especially when the only thing one can go by is the quality of the community and the stellar reputation of respected members within that community. I cannot begin to express the level of bitter disappointment I have experienced after trusting someone in this outstanding community, and despite the horrendous loss of over a year of time and $10,000 flushed down the toilet on shoddy labor alone for a dream project of mine, not to mention all the time and aggravation and stress it has caused me, I am more disillusioned by the nearly complete lack of response of the group to this fiasco. While I read page after page of support for the Hack Job General Lee project along with the requisite rage for the owner having been abused so terribly, there is barely a word of support for me publicly when I experience similar treatment and disrespect. Where is the support when someone from our community treats another in a similar fashion? Where are the offers of legal help, the admonitions from law enforcement against such behavior, the demands for restitution, and the shunning of the guilty party? That kind of silence hurts more than the devastating financial loss I have experienced. I know, you are one of the few who gave me words of encouragement privately, and publicly admonished the builder to man up and make things right. And I am indebted to you for that, as I am for other members' private words of encouragement and outright anger displayed at the unconscionable and outrageous behavior of the builder. In any case, no rose garden is without its thorns, and it was my mistake to be blinded by the beauty of the roses as I jumped in headfirst.
                    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

In any case, no rose garden is without its thorns, and it was my mistake to be blinded by the beauty of the roses as I jumped in headfirst.
                      it used to be much worse than today. I still cringe at my ip address in the posts... the past used to do crazy stuff with an ip address. never mind a ripoff out loud.

I like this place, as there was no writing, as in blogs, there was not nearly enough photos, not nearly enough memories. this place keeps them, revives them, even though I may never live them again.

I found it looking for land speed facts of loring..and the little car that made it to a lanspeed event without much experience. awesome. That encouragement is nowhere around me.

It does take segregation away. I could yell as much about a honda as a v8 here. ;D
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma

It's impossible not to agree that this is a great site with tons of awesome people and a wealth of experience and knowledge, for which I am also grateful. On the other hand, as with any group of people, this community is not without its shortcomings. And I don't know how to avoid this problem, especially when the only thing one can go by is the quality of the community and the stellar reputation of respected members within that community. I cannot begin to express the level of bitter disappointment I have experienced after trusting someone in this outstanding community, and despite the horrendous loss of over a year of time and $10,000 flushed down the toilet on shoddy labor alone for a dream project of mine, not to mention all the time and aggravation and stress it has caused me, I am more disillusioned by the nearly complete lack of response of the group to this fiasco. While I read page after page of support for the Hack Job General Lee project along with the requisite rage for the owner having been abused so terribly, there is barely a word of support for me publicly when I experience similar treatment and disrespect. Where is the support when someone from our community treats another in a similar fashion? Where are the offers of legal help, the admonitions from law enforcement against such behavior, the demands for restitution, and the shunning of the guilty party? That kind of silence hurts more than the devastating financial loss I have experienced. I know, you are one of the few who gave me words of encouragement privately, and publicly admonished the builder to man up and make things right. And I am indebted to you for that, as I am for other members' private words of encouragement and outright anger displayed at the unconscionable and outrageous behavior of the builder. In any case, no rose garden is without its thorns, and it was my mistake to be blinded by the beauty of the roses as I jumped in headfirst.
                        Wow, Mike. You managed to pull your drama into this thread, too. Maybe it's how you responded to everything that
                        makes people NOT want to reply to your van thread. I believe "tacky" has been used by everyone I know that sees
                        the last few pages of your van thread. People felt for you in that situation, but your lack of tact kinda killed any sort
                        of sympathy.

Comment

I think this place is great. I found it a while ago and decided to start a project thread because I love following along on other builds. I love seeing that there is more than just the magazine cars out there and I'm not the only one trying to build a car on a tight budget.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

who stole you money YGG ? aren't you in POLAND ? is that 10g in poland bucks ?

Comment

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
                              Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                              Wow, Mike. You managed to pull your drama into this thread, too. Maybe it's how you responded to everything that
                              makes people NOT want to reply to your van thread. I believe "tacky" has been used by everyone I know that sees
                              the last few pages of your van thread. People felt for you in that situation, but your lack of tact kinda killed any sort
                              of sympathy.
                              Fortunately the world consists of many more people than have communicated their feelings to you. And those are Bangshifters we can all be proud of. Whereas I could have chosen any number of professional shops or individuals to perform my build, I chose who I chose based on his reputation within the Bangshift community. And that's how this story fits within the realm of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                                who stole you money YGG ? aren't you in POLAND ? is that 10g in poland bucks ?
                                I don't want to air that laundry in this thread; go to my 74 Ford E300 van build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X