Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar Intervention

Hey guys,
    I had a situation happen that just doesn't make sense. I was pals with an old guy that lives up the road. This guy is a gear head and a Mopar guy, so we have become buds over the years. Thing is, he has been struggling as long as I've known him. He is in pretty good shape for his size and age, but don't work and is collecting SSI for being fat. I know he is behind on the mortgage and I give him some work sometimes to help him pay the bills.

Anyway, he has this 70 Dodge challenger ragtop that is his project (rare car), and it has been setting in his yard for as long as I've known him. The car was pretty clean when he got it, and I've been trying to buy it off him for years. He got it in his head to build a fresh motor for it. Pulled it apart, and it has been deteriorating outside for the last five years. Now he wants to build a stroker 383, but has no money to get it done. He seem to be obsessing about the project, spending money for parts and letting the bills go. He's doing everything on the engine half-assed and wrong, but will not listnen when I tell him what to do. His old lady came by last week and said the old man has blown all the money on the motor, and can't pay the bills. She hit me up for $500 to help them out.

Well, I had enough. I knew he was going to the ball game and hitched my trailer up and headed over to his place. Hooked up the Challenger to dragged it home, but for some reason he came back early and went berserk when he saw the car on the trailer. I shoved him in the corner of the shop, and duct-taped his ass, and then brought the Challenger home. I've got a nice 440 that I'm going to drop in and will have this sweet ride ready in no time. I knew he didn't transfer the title because he didn't want to pay the fees and had no real papers on the car. I figure it was for the best to just grab it and give the car the restoration it deserves. The crazy old SOB came around and started hollering and raising all kinds of hell, even though there is no way he would have done anything with it. Now I hear he is bad-mouthing me behind my back, even though when you think about it I did him and the car a favor. Some people.
    -dulcich

Re: Mopar Intervention

I think your heart is in the right place here Steve, but isn't this like the kid with the scrap pile?

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Tell us when we need to set up the bail fund. You do live in California, don't you?

Watching someone turn a rare, almost irreplaceable vehicle into a pile of scrap is gut churning.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
        Tell us when we need to set up the bail fund. You do live in California, don't you?

Watching someone turn a rare, almost irreplaceable vehicle into a pile of scrap is gut churning.
        That's what I thought. Don't know what you mean about about bail, once I kicked the old old coot's walking stick out from under him he fell over so quick I didn't even have to rough him up too much. I'll post some cool pics of the Challenger as soon as I can! I hate seeing these nice old Mopar just rot for nothing.
        -dulcich

Comment

Steve, you mentioned that this guy was fat.

Are we talking too many trips to the buffet fat or Walter Hudson, I need a fork truck to get to the bathroom fat?

Just looking for a point of reference here.

Brian

Comment

Well, he's able to move pretty good when he wants too, but somehow got disability for being fat ???. I know he wouldn't ever get that car done, and just didn't want to sell it either. Crazy. The more I taught about it the more I new the right thing to do was to just hook it. It was just the right thing to do, since he was messing his life up over the car, and wouldn't consider selling it. It all good cause I got it now, I consider it kind of like "tough-love".
            -dulcich

Comment

Hey man, again, I'm with you on this, but some state and local statues may consider your "tough love", "Grand Larceny Over $250 with a side order of battery".

I know a good rural lawyer that may be able to help you if the authorities get involved.

Comment

Dulcich, sometimes I wonder if your stories are on the level, and other times I think you've been taste testing fertilizer again. Somehow, I think this is the latter.

No matter the law here, a man has a right to be stupid. If he wants to spend all his money to screw up his car, that's his choice.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Dulcich, sometimes I wonder if your stories are on the level, and other times I think you've been taste testing fertilizer again. Somehow, I think this is the latter.

No matter the law here, a man has a right to be stupid. If he wants to spend all his money to screw up his car, that's his choice.
                  I'm really excited about the Challenger. Pics coming soon. There wasn't any "battery", all I had to do is give the old guy a solid shove into the corner, and that's it. His old hound was way tougher, howled-up a heck or a ruckus, but a good slap with a shovel took care of that. I know that Frank will thank me when he comes to his senses, and I'm going to let him go for a ride when the car is all done. Can't wait, I've wanted one of these for years.
                  -dulcich

Comment

You guys have posted in this thread, now you are accessories to grand larceny and battery. Crap, now so am I!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

sweet!!! stealin cars, beatin up old fat guy, AND smacking a dog with a shovel??

You, sir, had a full day..... rock on.
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey
                        sweet!!! stealin cars, beatin up old fat guy, AND smacking a dog with a shovel??

You, sir, had a full day..... rock on.
                        I may be going to hell for laughing at this so hard...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Bryan you were going there long before this.Me too ;D ;D

Comment

lmao, sorry, not buying what your selling Steve, good story though, lol
                            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Don't forget the kidnapping part guys ... he did say duct tape was involved.

Uh oh....Dulcich does life .... soap on a rope is your friend my man!!!
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X