You Gotta Love Them Plymouth Furys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Gotta Love Them Plymouth Furys

Thanks for the kind words. The wagon is actually "new" to me. I acquired it in Jan 08,so the newness and fun with it, is still fresh.

Comment

I preferred the two door and no roof version for sunday cruising, --- the "other" 68 in the picture was a factory 427 grocery getter.

Comment

Here's the forum for guys into nuthin' but C-bodies

C-Body DryDock - Devoted to the Mopar Land Yachts of the 60s and 70s

Comment

We have a Mayberry RFD Sherrif Car that cruises around these parts with the Bubble Gum Machine on top. Awesome

Comment

Here's my 64.... I built back in the 70's.... But still got it ;D
            There are a few more pix here www.rgkustoms.com
            MM64 8)

Turbo slant six...

Comment

DAMN!!! thats just friggin bad ass...man I love it.

Comment

Ditto, man. That is too cool. Everyone likes to say that turboed hot rods is a new thing.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

One of my earliest introductions to "Mopar Performance" was the old mans 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT...had a honkin ole 440 / 727 trans combo in it...it was that dark metallic green they used...I tore up the streets with that thing and ripped out several rear U-joints...the saddest thing about that car was when my mom tore the 727 out of it for the third time (got stuck in the snow and was rocking the car back and forth) my dad sold it to a buddy of his who promptly took the engine out and junked the car...hindsight is 20/20

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                    Ditto, man. That is too cool. Everyone likes to say that turboed hot rods is a new thing.
                    Yeah... That one even passed smog with that turbo on it!
                    Another thing the young'ns think is new is air ride and TV in cars
                    The 64 has air shocks at all four corners and compressors in the trunk also a TV in the console under the dash all done in the 70's
                    And ya know I've got bags on my Rambler and the 64 rides much better and goes just as low ;)

MM64 8)

Comment

I vivdly remember a NYPD Fury just like the one in the picture coming to our house when I was a kid to take a report when my moms Torino got robbed. Those fuselage Mopars really have grown on me in the past few years how about a 70 Polara with the hideaway headlights -cool car.

Comment

Originally posted by chrriff
                        Thanks for the kind words. The wagon is actually "new" to me. I acquired it in Jan 08,so the newness and fun with it, is still fresh.

Had mine 2 years...the newness aint wore off yet ;D ...Jim helped me buy a 65 parts car off a guy up your way almost 2 years ago. I have some 65 trim and such laying around if you need anything let me know (I do have a very nice set of skirts)...I am always looking for 65/66 Fury stuff....Once I get my car running right and safe I want to come down to Sierra Vista for one of your shows..You seem to have more than we do in Tucson....

Comment

like V code furys ... Grin

Comment

I vivdly remember a NYPD Fury just like the one in the picture coming to our house when I was a kid to take a report when my moms Torino got robbed. Those fuselage Mopars really have grown on me in the past few years how about a 70 Polara with the hideaway headlights -cool car.
                            just FYI, the '70 Polara didnt have hidden headlights; youre probably thinking of either a 70-72 Sport Fury or Monaco. and I see your '77 Monte Carlo and raise you my '77 Grand Prix ;)

heres a cool 71 Sport Fury

Comment

I am thinking of a Monaco. I kind of thought of a friends uncles Polara while reading the post and confused the two. That Fury is real nice.

Comment

Never having owned a convertible I thought it might be fun to have one some day. However, everybody else thinks so too, so the prices on the more popular Mopar convertibles have shot way beyond my reach over the years. A decent A body convertible starts at $25K, a decent B body at $35K, and a decent E body convertible now starts at $50K+, and these are not even the performance versions. If you want a Formula S, a GTS, a GTX, a Road Runner, an R/T, or a Cuda, you are gonna pay more - and probably a lot more! :o

So, being a lifelong cheapskate, I decided to go the C body route and picked up a 68 Sport Fury convertible with 46,105 original miles for just $10,000 back in June of 2004. My dad bought a 67 Fury 3 new and we still had it when I first got my license in 1974 so my 68 takes me right back to being 16 again when I get behind the wheel. The car was originally ordered as a dealer demo so it is absolutely loaded. It has the 383 4bbl, console auto, power everything, climate control, cruise control, AM-8 Track, 3 speaker dash, rear seat speaker, and even the original Magnum 500s. Everything still works (except the clock, of course) and it floats down the road just like a new car (53,000 miles now). I tell people that its my Harley, except I can take my whole family with me, plus all our luggage, and it doesn't matter what the weather is doing! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X