X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: winters coming....sleds ready?

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
    Originally posted by A/Fuel
    A 100 mph feels like you are going to break the sound barrier.

Tell me about it...I was never so hyped/scared and amazed in my life....What a freaking rush...then to think I am on a freaking frozen lake...then to think the only thing protecting me is my helmet and some Carhart coveralls....Snot was running out of my nose and freezing on my face, my tears were icing up...I was going to buy one and my buddy let me take his for a ride...I decided that if the kids were gonna grow up with me as a daddy..I should not get one...as I can be just a tad impulsive and irresponsible. PLUS 2 friends were almost killed the week before when they were buried by an avalanche that killed 3 machiners.

my sled is geared to only do about 104-105mph, but it will spin the track at 90mph with 96 picks in it ;D

Comment

trade you a case of mike n ike for it

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
        Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        Originally posted by A/Fuel
        A 100 mph feels like you are going to break the sound barrier.

Tell me about it...I was never so hyped/scared and amazed in my life....What a freaking rush...then to think I am on a freaking frozen lake...then to think the only thing protecting me is my helmet and some Carhart coveralls....Snot was running out of my nose and freezing on my face, my tears were icing up...I was going to buy one and my buddy let me take his for a ride...I decided that if the kids were gonna grow up with me as a daddy..I should not get one...as I can be just a tad impulsive and irresponsible. PLUS 2 friends were almost killed the week before when they were buried by an avalanche that killed 3 machiners.

my sled is geared to only do about 104-105mph, but it will spin the track at 90mph with 96 picks in it ;D
        That's half the fun ;D
        My helmet fogs up and if I leave it cracked I usually get pelted with ice, it gets really fun at night when that happens.
        I'll have to take some pics tomorrow of our shop, there's 5 of them right now ready to go. Just waiting on the snow.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

i have a 98 skidoo 583mxz, runs 100, not as fast as my friends mach z 800 triple, but is quicker and better handling. I have a 670 mxz engine that im gonna rebuild and stuff in and leave the 583 stickers on. ;D

the 2010/2011 arctic cat 1000 4 stroke turbos run 137mph 1/4 miles STOCK , but the 10 k is to rich for me.

gene you can ride my old 440 jag if you want :-*
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto

gene you can ride my old 440 jag if you want :-*
            I'm with Bruab... I want a John Deere.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

arctic cat green is not as ugly as JD green, but not quite as pretty as Oliver green.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Okay, a little late but here's mine, all ready for the snow.
                It's a 540 and should run pretty good, I'll let you know after we get some snow.

and a few in the shop right now.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

I have a 2000 Ski Doo MXZ700, and my wife has a 1997 Ski Doo Formula 500 liquid. We used to go to the UP 7 or 8 times a year to ride. We have not had them out of the barn for 4 years. Working full time, and working at my shop use all the time I have. We were talking about what a waste it is having them just sit there. So, I am going to have one of my people get them running so we can sell them. If / when we go back to riding, I will buy a couple new sleds. You can't beat new equipment when you have no time to work on them.

Comment

We have a car trailer that can haul 4 at a time, so if we don't get that much snow here we are going to head up to Michigan too. It's been 70 degrees here the last few days but if it's anything like last year we should get some good snow.
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

What's this "winter" thing? Please explain "snow". Where are the wheels on these "sled" things? All of this information seems to have either never been in my brain or has mysteriously left. Freeze on, suckers!!!!!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                        What's this "winter" thing? Please explain "snow". Where are the wheels on these "sled" things? All of this information seems to have either never been in my brain or has mysteriously left. Freeze on, suckers!!!!!!

Dan
                        Dan, I'm with ya. I did a short work tour in Dalhousie, New Brunswick in a February. The temperature was about 14F for the high during the day. Snow piled up everywhere. During the winter they drive their "sleds" to work instead of their cars.

I made great friends with a guy there and he was seriously offended when I, uh, "declined" his offer to ride me down one of their "trails" at 70 mph one weekend.

That was the only time I went so far as to tell him directly, "You and everybody else here are simply INSANE. I mean, there ARE other parts of the world that don't freeze rock solid all winter. Have you researched it?"

EDIT/UPDATE: I can add to that story, I gained from the Dalhousie experience some lifelong wisdom, something I would have never known otherwise, if I hadn't gone there on company orders. That is, 14F feels a LOT warmer than minus 2. It really does - wow, it's NICE today.

Hmmmph. You can have it, if that's what you like. Move south or stay here, but I'm going home.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
                          LOL, I guess you don't know what you are missing...
                          I love the summer, but I enjoy the winter...if you know what I mean.
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

Scott - as a reminder, I spent almost all of my life in Michigan. I love to visit in the Summer, but y'all can have this Winter thing. I'm working to forget.......

Dan

Comment

dont know how much ill get to ride, as i have now ruptured a disc .
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X