What's up w/Car Craft?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up w/Car Craft?...

First they take away the rack girls, now Magnante's Junkyard Crawl is MIA ... WTH?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Re: What's up w/Car Craft?...

Originally posted by Bamfster
    First they take away the rack girls, now Magnante's Junkyard Crawl is MIA ... WTH?
    Always enjoyed the Junkyard Crawl
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

and it is the length of a newsletter

Comment

There about the only one left that covers street/strip cars, and still promotes pro-street ....

Comment

I've noticed of late that both HR and CC are lagging in the content department. They've been cutting the small stuff out of CC and HR has become more of a History lesson. I mean is the hot rod/racing scene so bad that they have to recycle old material?? Or is it that DF is married now with a kid and doesn't have enough time to put full effort into the mag....

I do have to say I liked the LS1 cylinder head shootout they had in HotRod, who would have ever thought a ProComp head would out perform a AFR head. :o In fact the ProComp head made more Peak HP than all the heads they tested.

Comment

There about the only one left that covers street/strip cars, and still promotes pro-street ....
            But they've kind of gone astray of fallowing the NHRA, not saying I wan't a recap on Top Fuel or Funny car, but what about the little guys, you know the ones that run while the commercials are running......

Why not fallow some of the lesser advertised classes and have stories about the cars that are racing and the guys behind the wheel. You know give some glamor to the other guys that support the sport....

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
              But they've kind of gone astray of fallowing the NHRA, not saying I wan't a recap on Top Fuel or Funny car, but what about the little guys, you know the ones that run while the commercials are running......

Why not fallow some of the lesser advertised classes and have stories about the cars that are racing and the guys behind the wheel. You know give some glamor to the other guys that support the sport....
              Heck, not necessarily even nhra stuff...how about some super pro/run tuff cars? ADRL, NMCA?... I'm not a big fan of pro touring stuff and they probably know how to market their magazine better than I do, but if they keep cutting the good stuff out, I'm probably going to need to make some budget cuts myself. Heck that's why I dumped PHR ... all pro touring all the time.

Comment

The December issue has a junkyard crawl.

One thing that bummed me out was Car Craft and Hot Rod running the same damn cover story. That's f*cking weak.

And Krass & Bernie sucks ass. What a lame comic.

Comment

I like K & B and I liked "on the rack" and Junkyard crawl .

Comment

I thumb thru on the news stand, read Krass & Bernie (Love George Trosley and K&B since the Cartoons days)..cant bring myself to buy when I can get so much more info and real time data and better pics of the cars I like on the net.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Think of this like the "trends" thread.....

Why why why do we keep getting LS engine story's?
                      See just the same ol "Chevy Craft".

Comment

Magazine size and number of stories is directly related to number of pages of ads sold. I forget the ratio. Low ad sales and skinny, pamphlet sized mag.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Dont know what to say.5 years ago an"enhancement ad" I was like WTF.Now that I have an AARP card not so much. ;D

Comment

the old chevy craft had no problem selling ads
                            ...I don't know , maybe cut a buck off the newstand price

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              the old chevy craft had no problem selling ads
                              ...I don't know , maybe cut a buck off the newstand price
                              Bad economy. Companies going under, or hanging on by their fingernails. Ad budgets get slashed.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X