Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's up w/Car Craft?...

mai decree is in industreal njneering knot enklish
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Man, in my grade school you misspelled a word, you got strung up on piano wire in front of the class. Or should that be "mis-spelt"? I'm not gonna even check. On purpose. :D

- - - - -

I'm still rolling my eyes over Source Interlink making every single car magazine run the same cover story in the same month. God, I was afraid that my National Geographic was going to come in the mail asking "Will They Outlaw Hot Rodding?".

Many of their titles are not making me feel much like going out and working on my own car these days. Two of 'em are about to get dropped unless they get some fresh blood in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
        Two of 'em are about to get dropped unless they get some fresh blood in there.
        YUP!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I have three mags I get.
          1.Hot Rod Magazine.
          2.Car Craft.
          3.Popular Hot Rodding.

I can't bother with a lot of the dedicated Ford mags, because reading the same crap about a 302 powered fox body with a blower or turbo kit, yeah, neat, but I'll pass.
          I live in a full frame world. Call me when you have some Fairlanes or 427 4 speed Galaxys.
          Unless, it seems, there is a deal on the S&H Gran Torino, my full frame cars don't get much of any press, which what ever.

I noticed CC has been pretty light for a while now, but it seems to still be decent on feature cars. I like reading about different stuff, some neat mopar stuff has been in CC.
          What I do get sick of is the LS fest...but what ever, hey, sure, build a LS, I'll even admit, it's something usable.
          Still, I'd like to see a build up or two on some cleveland stuff, but you think they would feature the new cast iron and aluminum cleveland blocks that are being produced now? Not a damn word.

Engine Masters also ticked me off last year. The chevy crowd got tired of the 40+ year old cleveland stuff still kicking the hell out of the bow tie crowd, so they decided to change the rules, and tell the builders that have been building killer cleveland combos you can't build another cleveland based engine for next year. Bunch of BS.

Although sweet justice when a 400 Ford kicks the hell outta the rest of the field.

OK, sorry, off my soap box.
          :

PHR, I was actually liking the articles on the Laguna, but it was getting old. I am biased, because they have featured a bunch of Ford Torinos in the last year or so. I just wish, when a 1972 Gran Torino Sport was featured, the writers would have the "Gran Torino Sport" correctly labeled in the article.
          For you chevy guys, feels like calling the Chevelle a Chevette.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
            ...I mean is the hot rod/racing scene so bad that they have to recycle old material??...
            Car rags have been recycling the same ol' material for years. There's a limit to what can be written on a subject that appeals to the masses. If you've been around long enough, you know this.

Traditional mags, and newspapers, are either dead or are dying by the sword of the internet. Period...end of story.
            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

their problem is the internet,,
              but a bigger one, (and it kills me to say this as an AMERICAN)
              they don't print it(them) mags in spanish..
              as more and more in this hobby are spanish speaking car guys/gals..
              The country dropped the ball years ago, NOT making english the countries language,, (and thats as far as I'll taker that here)
              so if they want to not die, they'll have to print it in spanish.
              sad to say, but at this point true..

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                The country dropped the ball years ago, NOT making english the countries language,, (and thats as far as I'll taker that here)
                That is a pretty good point Mark. Why not print it in different languages, not only for export (hello nafta) but for the imported communities around our country?

Comment

Well, I just got my Jan '11 issue of Car Craft (did I just doze off and sleep through the entire holidays? Please?) and I take it all back.

It has totally passed the quickie five-minute lookover/preview, and assumed it's honored place in the reading room for later. Lots of cool pics, info, features. Good job, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
                    Well, I just got my Jan '11 issue of Car Craft (did I just doze off and sleep through the entire holidays? Please?) and I take it all back.

It has totally passed the quickie five-minute lookover/preview, and assumed it's honored place in the reading room for later. Lots of cool pics, info, features. Good job, guys.
                    It is a great issue, I agree, I just want the rack girls and J/Y crawl back (mainly the crawl).

Comment

Yeah, if they have to they need to hunt down Magnante and force him to contribute something. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                        First they take away the rack girls, now Magnante's Junkyard Crawl is MIA ... WTH?
                        THAT'S your complaint about that magazine? LMAO
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                          I've noticed of late that both HR and CC are lagging in the content department. They've been cutting the small stuff out of CC and HR has become more of a History lesson. I mean is the hot rod/racing scene so bad that they have to recycle old material?? Or is it that DF is married now with a kid and doesn't have enough time to put full effort into the mag....

I do have to say I liked the LS1 cylinder head shootout they had in HotRod, who would have ever thought a ProComp head would out perform a AFR head. :o In fact the ProComp head made more Peak HP than all the heads they tested.
                          HR's killing CC. Also, if you don't upgrade that pic of the "Tubbed Camaro", you're not entitled to an opinion ;D
                          STUGOTS

Comment

They should learn ENGLISH! I'm tired of reading Spanish signs/billboards in my f*cking neighborhood. When my parents came over from Italy, they were proud enough to learn English so well that they have zero Italian accent. Rant over
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                              They should learn ENGLISH! I'm tired of reading Spanish signs/billboards in my f*cking neighborhood. When my parents came over from Italy, they were proud enough to learn English so well that hey have zero Italian accent. Rant over
                              I agree...

Comment

I've been out of town and just went through
                                the clutter of mail today.......CC showed.

Definitely a change in format as of late....or what I
                                was used to seeing.

Although first time I've seen a '79 Malibu straight axle
                                with Moon tank.

Guess I'm gettin spoiled by HR Deluxe.
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X