Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine Stolen from Shop Break-in from Ford FE.com

New engine stolen last night
    November 24 2007 at 12:12 PM Big John (Login Truckace)
    Members
    My friend's shop was broken into last night and my 428cj/c6 combo were some of the stuff stolen. The engine and trans were rebuilt and waiting to go in the Torino this week. So much for a happy thanksgiving.

How many 428cj motors are floating around houston right now anyway? You can see in the picture it had the Comp rockers, edelbrock water pump, and Canton pan. It had Lemans rods with forged dished pistons (I forget the manufacturer, but high dollar). The transmission had an Exner Transmission sticker on the top of the bell housing. I got lucky they didn't take the Crites mounts, cross member, and headers that had just been powder coated and sitting in a box.

It really seems like they had a buyer for the motor, since they didn't touch the fresh 31 spline traction lok pumpkin sitting 10 feet from the motor or the Moser axles to go with it. They even left the brand new mini-starter in the box under the engine stand. Although they did get the new one-wire alternator since it was mounted on the motor.

If you are in the Pasedena / Houston, TX area and see this engine please report it immediately to the proper authorities.

Re: New Engine Stolen from Shop Break-in from Ford FE.com

Wow... what a bummer...

Great use of the site...

Hope you got a bunch of your local freinds to log on....

K

Comment

Bummer. I'm putting together a 410 for my Galaxie. After seeing this I'm thinking it might be a good time to get out my stamp set and start branding my engine.

Comment

Originally posted by glxi390
        Bummer. I'm putting together a 410 for my Galaxie. After seeing this I'm thinking it might be a good time to get out my stamp set and start branding my engine.
        Very good idea. Stamp the block and heads with some unique markings and photograph them with your picture ID to prove they are yours. If you come across them and get a chance to run a sting you could be doing a great service to other victims.

Comment

wow, thats horrible... Even though I'm in Nebraska I'll keep my eye out... you never know how far this could go...

Comment

Wow. Sad to say I know exactly how that feels. Good luck catching the scum.

Comment

If I see it here in Michigan, I will be on here(and the phone to the police..) in a heartbeat.

Comment

Sounds like a possible inside job. :'( >
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Quite possible, but the shop is one of good reputation, Exner's in Pasadena, TX. They are die-hard Ford guys there, but an employee, ex-employee or a customer could have seen $15K sitting there and had a place to unload it before they even broke in. Some of their tools are gone too. You are quite possibly right. My heart goes out to John, because he just ready to stab it in the car. That hurts. The Exners lost a lot too in the break in.

Hoping it all surfaces.

Comment

It would seem that this had to be planned out ahead of time. I mean you don't just stick an engine like that in your pocket and walk out. >

Comment

As I recall, it was legal to shoot horse thieves on site in Texas. Seems like that law applies in this case. And I'm not normally a violent man. Hope they catch and geld the bastards.

Dan

Comment

Commiserations all 'round. I had a motor stripped down to the short block out of my '67 Chevelle, so am empathetic. I'll pass the word.

Comment

Working...
                        X