FYI new scam or atleast new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI new scam or atleast new to me

My wife and I went up to the Mall of America a couple months ago and we stopped in at FYE movies to see if they had a movie she was looking for. They did so I told her to go ahead and get it. When we were checking out they told her to pick out any one of these magazines for a free 3 month trial subscription. She decided to get people magazine signed for her purchase and we went on our way. Well today paying bills, I noticed a transaction that seemed outta place so I asked her about it and she didn't know anything about it.

I did a google search of the transaction and came up with a lot of results that said scam. NOT GOOD >
    Here is a link to a page that describes what they do.
    This is a blog to try to help those that have been fooled by TWX Magazines.

Its nasty and legal. We called and they are canceling the subscription and HOPEFULLY refunding the money.

Just thought I would let you guys know!!
    Hopefully not old news!
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Re: FYI new scam or atleast new to me

Nifty. I usually avoid impulse purchases like that, but thanks for the heads up.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

not a scam..
      they just bet on you forgeting the 3 months are up as the mag's send all 3 within 1.5 months ..
      use signed up for it.. and it will say. no charges if you cancell before the 3rd month.. (catch is 3rd month of mag not in time as in 90 days) once the 4th issue is in the mail your billed.. and that is within 60 days..
      as they send the month before u signed, that month then the next.. these can all come within 3 weeks depending on when in te month you sign up..
      as the promo isn't threee months its "three issues"
      no scam, just sneaky

Comment

Me too but the wife had the debit card and I must have been in lala land. We are still young(26 and 25) and learning but by the sounds of it we will be refunded our money.
        Just a heads up.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

Last Christmas we got the kids Itunes gift cards at Target. Starting in January, a lot of itunes charges started showing up on the debit card ... $783 worth. Cashier at the store took the card number and was using it.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Well I should have stated its legal but I feel "scammed". The trick is you sign up for people, or hot rod or what have you never hear the TWX magazine name. Then they send you a bill in the mail, and it says TWX MAGAZINE and you through it away. Tricky, but Good or bad.
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              no scam, just sneaky
              Tomāto, Tomăto.

If the guy that did the write up is right, hopefully do you.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony
                Well I should have stated its legal but I feel "scammed". The trick is you sign up for people, or hot rod or what have you never hear the TWX magazine name. Then they send you a bill in the mail, and it says TWX MAGAZINE and you through it away. Tricky, but Good or bad.
                bet that TWX is on the sing up sheet that more that likely went in the trash

Comment

No... see above^^^or>http://twxmagscam.blogspot.com/
                  You are at the check out they say do you want 3 months of people free? sure? fill out address, pay with debit card, on your way.... They have your debit card info.. Never heard of TWX before only people and FYE.. NEVER TWX...
                  Any who its fixable if you catch it.. carry on
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

No... see above^^^or>http://twxmagscam.blogspot.com/
                    You are at the check out they say do you want 3 months of people free? sure? fill out address, pay with debit card, on your way.... They have your debit card info.. Never heard of TWX before only people and FYE.. NEVER TWX...
                    Any who its fixable if you catch it.. carry on
                    it's on your receipt from fye

Comment

That's an old trick. You need to read the small print...sometimes to small to see. Nothing for free
                      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                      X