Bill Caswell to race for Subaru??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Caswell to race for Subaru??

There's an opening, now that Pastrana is going to NASCAR... and Subaru's already looking for a replacement.

Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Re: Bill Caswell to race for Subaru??

He's moving to Germany after the baja deal to build a car and race the 24 hours of the 'Ring.

If they shovel money at him, I bet he'll sign, but Bill has a great thing going with Miller Welders right now and he knows it!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

subaru races ? what ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        subaru races ? what ?

Without headlight stickers even!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
          subaru races ? what ?

Without headlight stickers even!
          Oh, damn.... :D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

subaru and racing are drifting apart again. they do this all the time.

one could call block and pastrana "suddenly" moving on for this reason.

the ea81 has a mini can of japanese woopass in 1973 press on rally... even on 13s, that freaky famous drivetrain is the drivetrain..
            the ea82 has won several big races, also , still as a midget. Although, they did score some 14/15 inch wheels (wow big upgrade there).

the 2 liter made them famous, extincted like the others.

now as americans, we get fat undertimed slobs hopeless in every way... and they aren't even matching the champ with the champ.

I did not say to hell with them completely, as some know. But I did stop in 1987. :

there is more drama with the extincters and rally champions with porsche than subaru.. but similar story.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Subaru got fat off the spoils. You may have called it quits in '87, but I was good up until the fat doorstop that was the 2009 STi showed up. I liked watching WRC Imprezas fly around in the mid-late '90s, and even the first few gens of the WRX-STi had my attention in the 2000's. But lately, they're caving in to pressure to make the cars more family-friendly. Hell with that...I miss the stripped down rally screamers.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

the only subaru race car I ever saw was frank aragona in an altered
                I think he goes much faster with a dodge

Comment

I was amazed at how many Subaru's there are in snow country....and better then that a stock WRX runs deep into the 140's in a Mile..... ( that my friends is a wicked fast street car )

Comment

Keith, my old '04 WRX wagon was bone-stock, and it would get to 120 in a hurry, then claw to 130, and top out around 140.... good thing I sold it, I'd be in jail.

Come to think of it, I got pulled over more times in that thing.... than any of the other cars I've had combined.
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I miss my 04 wagon... Had a ecutune with a turbo back and a top mount...

Got a chance to drive a 11 STI sedan and a 11 WRX 5 door... MUCH imporved over the 08 models. Not just in power but in overall driving fun...

Comment

Working...
                      X