X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 32 ford hot rod build

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
    I kinda dig some of them old Toyotas....
    Joe, I'm with you. This little bastard was in the corner at SEMA. Other than the rubber band tires, I'd beat on this thing like a rented mule!

I had one of those 80 toyota's (less the flares,etc) biggest piece of trash I've ever owned.. only car that the starter cost more than the buy in of the car..

Comment

Re: 32 ford hot rod build

Originally posted by KeithTurk
      The engine isn't necessarily stupidly expensive.... they were used in a ton of old fire trucks as well as some fairly stodgy cars...

Duesenburg also sold a ton of Motors to places like American Lefrance who built fire trucks.....

I remember the firehall near me had there peraid truck was one with a duesenburg in it

I was told by the cheif that in the early 50's there was a fire and they went with it to help out and from it being so closes to the fire and rev'd up so long it overheated and blew a head ( mostly parked to close to the fire I guess) they got it back and everybody told them it was junk , they called my grandfather and he had the head milled to get it straight as he could then doubled the head gasket and put it back together was like that till they sold it in the mid 80's

now back to the thread that 32 is KOOL

Comment

Working...
      X