Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast talking, faster driving John Force won his 15th Championship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast talking, faster driving John Force won his 15th Championship.

garlits put the garden state on the map ...the first 200 mph at island in 1964

Comment

I'm watching Hot Rod TV right now on Speed channel and John Force is the main subject. Telling about all his cars and experiences. He is one of the best racers out there, but I can't stand listening to him for more than a minute. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
        Garlits, hands down!
        Bada Bingo!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Naw, the Greek did it first (with hydrazine in the tank).
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
            Originally posted by 200kss
            I was rooting for Hagan.
            Me too. Had it DVR'd from last night and watched this morning. When Hagan lost 1st round I think the neighbors heard the F-bomb I yelled. It was all pretty predictable after that.
            Sore loser....he went and pouted behind the trailers for a bit.....
            The ammount of time and energy one can put in to something like that it's understandable to me. I've had to look in the woods for more than one helmet.
            Not counting yourself, thinking of the crew and familys involved, to come so close and not seal the deal....we can only imagine.
            Yeah, he deserved a moment.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Naw, the Greek did it first (with hydrazine in the tank).
              I wasn't going to go there because I didn't want to Hi-Jack this thread but - Chris "The Golden Greek" Karamesines ran a 204 MPH April 16th 1960 at Alton, Illinois and backed it up with a 201, I believe he also ran 200 at a couple more strips that same year. The I'm so great just ask me Don Garlic finally got his first 200 mph run in 1964. I was wanting to see Hagan win also but he's got plenty of years in front of him, I'm also betting that Spencer Massey gets tagged as driver for the DSR Fram car, end of Hi-Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                I was rooting for Hagan.
                Me too. Had it DVR'd from last night and watched this morning. When Hagan lost 1st round I think the neighbors heard the F-bomb I yelled. It was all pretty predictable after that.
                The ammount of time and energy one can put in to something like that it's understandable to me. I've had to look in the woods for more than one helmet.
                Not counting yourself, thinking of the crew and familys involved, to come so close and not seal the deal....we can only imagine.
                I'm sure he was second guessing every second and decision made on the run starting with him taking forever to stage waiting for Tasca to stage first. Could've been the reason the engine came apart half way down the track.

I've seen many athletes go through this after a heart breaking loss. No one else can come close to beating down as much as he is right now.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Garlits, hands down!
                  Damn straight!

Comment

Damn shame that the media can't leave a guy alone when he wants to be alone. Do you really think he knew he was on camera?
                    He wasn't all full of piss and vinegar when they interviewed him later when he was back by his pit area. He wasn't a crybaby, full of excuses or sour grapes.

Comment

No he wasn't.... and I commend him for that. But, in the sport that pro racing has become, imo, he should of manned up and faced the cameras instead of hiding. It would have gone a long way with the fans in general (at least with the group around here).

Maybe I used the wrong term "sore loser", maybe I shoulda said he could've been a more gracious loser...idk.

He has an image to uphold, and not that I agree with it, but he is a hero to many people, just as JF/TS/GA are to a lot of people. To me, he acted like a spoiled kid by going and hiding. Just my opinion.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                        I was rooting for Hagan.
                        maybe, but come on.. there is next year, every motorsport has the bridesmaid,, I never saw Mark Martain cry like a baby the ten times he was bridemaid, nor rusty, hofman, force, they all stand up and say we'll get um next year..
                        so yes sore looser,
                        bet there is 14 other teams that loved to have been 2nd..
                        and wouldn't have cried like a 6 y/o

Comment

hoffman was way cool , should have been just as big as force

Comment

Ya got that right, Spidey!
                            Atomic Al was badass all the way!
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

strong silent type
                              sponsors always prefer the circus clown , even though sleazy BP is very british

Comment

Ya got that right, Spidey!
                                Atomic Al was badass all the way!
                                He probably could have been as big as force if He wasnt such a richard noggin,not a very pleasant guy to be around.

Comment

Working...
                                X