Diversified Creations at SEMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversified Creations at SEMA

Some know, I own a performance and off road shop in Brighton, MI. It is a family run business. My son runs the day to day, my wife runs the office, and I go in every night after GM and on weekends. We have 4 additional employees, and a number of friends that help when we are under the gun.

At SEMA this year, we were honored to have 2 of the vehicles we built on display. The Hot Rod E-Rod Z28 was in the Source Interlink booth. It was their poster car this year. Miss Hot Rod was signing posters with the car on it (along with her photo. BTW, she is pretty HOT). It was also used in the SEMA opening discussion forum to show enviromental and performance can be done together.

The second is a 55 Chevy P/U. It is built using a Dynacorn body, Trailblazer SS chassis, and a GMPP 5.3 E-Rod crate engine. Shawn Anderson from here hooked me up with a 56 Chevy truck that we used for some of the parts. We built this truck in 10 weeks, start to finish, including all the body modifications and paint.

Re: Diversified Creations at SEMA

nice

Comment

Is the truck back yet? I want to swing by and see it.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The truck was awesome, spent several minutes looking it over. Only saw the Camaro quickly, and again at the Friday roll-out.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

awesome stuff
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I missed your truck and Blondie at the Source booth. Saw DF's car. I saw the car right after he bought. DF drove it to work with the world's ugliest wheels on it. He has no shame.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't remember seeing the Camaro but I definitely drooled over that truck.
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

That chick is hot !!
                Camaro looks sweet too !

Comment

A very nice truck!
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

LS1 ZR2,

What brand and model are those minilite rims?

Comment

Nice work Mike - you should be very proud of what your business has accomplished, let alone doing it in a doomsday economy.
                      That truck is a great piece of work, everything looks like it's supposed to be there. Very well done.

Is the truck built for a customer or something you'll keep?
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The wheels are from ET III. The front are 17X8, and the rear are 17X9.5.

The truck was built for Ken Lingenfelter, owner of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, and a big car collector. We have already had a few calls, and have another person wanting one built along the same lines. Time will tell if they follow through.

We are very proud of what we have accomplished. But, you can never rest on what you have done. My small team works very hard to handle our regular business. Add the work of building a truck like this in 10 weeks, and it really tests your commitment. So far, we have always made our date. We took our entire crew to Vegas for the SEMA show. They are very much a part of what we have accomplished, and my wife and I wanted them to share in the success.

The January issue of Hot Rod starts the series on the build of David's Camaro. The first issue shows the before and after of the car. He also wrote about Diversified in the story, and we really appreciate it. We are anxious to see the responce from the readers of Hot Rod.

Comment

'55 pickup is pretty cool

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I picked up the issue the other day with the DF DC camaro featured in it, great looking car and a great article on it all
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

the camaro has a herb adams looking firewall structure kit

Comment

Working...
                              X