Jimmie Johnson 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmie Johnson 5th

So would he have won the championship if there was no chase?
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      no

Comment

Hard to say as strategies would have been different throught the season. As the "Chase" is now teams don't have to be "Top," only have to survive to get in for the championship.
        Remember when champions were made by clawing their way for every extra point through the season? And why does the television coverage have to show how the points change during every lap??? Let the race play out to the end......
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
          Hard to say as strategies would have been different throught the season. As the "Chase" is now teams don't have to be "Top," only have to survive to get in for the championship.
          Remember when champions were made by clawing their way for every extra point through the season? And why does the television coverage have to show how the points change during every lap??? Let the race play out to the end......
          They just did that for the last race to show just how much things can change lap to lap. If they would have done it all year long it would have been annoying as hell, but for the last race - when any of the three could have won the championship... I liked that they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
            no
            Under the old points system, Harvick would have won the championship by 285 points.

Comment

too bad , childress used to work the points better than everybody

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55
                no
                Under the old points system, Harvick would have won the championship by 285 points.
                and not just this year

Comment

Interesting facts, the difference is in strategies during the season. If all races and points mattered the R&D time the 48 team put to use during the season would have been different. Spidie has it right, Childress teams worked very hard to earn every point possible. Disabling cylinders, changing camshafts and what ever else they did during a race to get back out there and gain a position or two.
                  Times have changed, I still think Saturday morning cartoons should be the Road Runner, Speed Buggy, and Scooby Doo.
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

1990 - earnhardt led 68% of the laps or something , marl martin got busted with too many spacers under the carb at richmond after a win , got docked points
                    at dover spring race -3 was defending champion but , broke a camshaft
                    they fixed it
                    I never saw a reaction like that when a race car pulled back out on the track , the crowd loved it
                    fixing that camshaft saved the season

Comment

no
                      I would have much rather seen that.
                      I R Bob
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

no
                        I would have much rather seen that.
                        u and everybody that where fans before the pretty boy nascar

Comment

that speeding penalty was bogus

Comment

I haven't seen the race yet. I'll watch it when I get home.
                            I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X