Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name one dumbass thing you have done in the last week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name one dumbass thing you have done in the last week!

Ok, you guys will get a kick out of this one.

So I am working on Goliath's brakes on Saturday morning. I'm off and on the job all day doing other stuff, monitoring the live feed, etc. I get to the point where I need to bleed the brakes and there's no help in sight. I don't have a "one man" bleeder tool so I enlist the assistance of a big ass rock out of the wall next to the truck. I pump the hell out of the pedal, then put my big ass rock friend on it and jump under the truck to crack the bleeder to let air out.

It was getting later on in the afternoon towards the evening and I had a drag racing banquet to emcee. I thought to myself, "don't be a jackass and forget the rock on the brake pedal. You'll drain the battery with the brake lights on all night."

Yeah, so it was deader than a beached whale on Sunday morning. I jumped it to life and the alternator charged the battery up, but jeez....I felt like a dumbass.

YOUR TURN!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Name one dumbass thing you have done in the last week!

u have my #

Comment

Thought you were still infirmed!

Tom helped on Sunday....with blocks stacked on the pedal.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

bought another old truck.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Stood on a twelve foot scaffold in 30mph winds with it zip tied to a suspect chainlink fence with a shady character up there with me ;D
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Thought you were still infirmed!

Tom helped on Sunday....with blocks stacked on the pedal.
            no, I'm out, more test, but friday was heart stress test, today full phisical, tomorrow ultrasound on neck and I forget the rest,,
            I need to work on something, I'm going bonkers

Comment

Only one, soooooooooo many to choose from.

Comment

Last Friday I replaced both headlights on the Crown Vic.
                When I went to close the hood I noticed I had left a screwdriver on top of the rad support.
                I thought I could grab it before the hood landed on my arm.
                . . . .I couldn't. :P
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

got out of bed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Ok, you guys will get a kick out of this one.

So I am working on Goliath's brakes on Saturday morning. I'm off and on the job all day doing other stuff, monitoring the live feed, etc. I get to the point where I need to bleed the brakes and there's no help in sight. I don't have a "one man" bleeder tool so I enlist the assistance of a big ass rock out of the wall next to the truck. I pump the hell out of the pedal, then put my big ass rock friend on it and jump under the truck to crack the bleeder to let air out.

It was getting later on in the afternoon towards the evening and I had a drag racing banquet to emcee. I thought to myself, "don't be a jackass and forget the rock on the brake pedal. You'll drain the battery with the brake lights on all night."

Yeah, so it was deader than a beached whale on Sunday morning. I jumped it to life and the alternator charged the battery up, but jeez....I felt like a dumbass.

YOUR TURN!

Brian
                    It could've been dumber. You could've gone for a drive with a bleeder screw still open.

I put a wrench on the battery hits both posts. Can you light show?
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I 'hole-in-oned' a ball of modeling clay right into the distributor hole of the new motor. :o :o :o

Luckily, it didn't go all the way down and I was able to retrieve it with the grabbers. Wheew.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I passed out at work,(again10th time :-[ ) cause'n more test than I've even had in my f'n life

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                          I 'hole-in-oned' a ball of modeling clay right into the distributor hole of the new motor. :o :o :o

Luckily, it didn't go all the way down and I was able to retrieve it with the grabbers. Wheew.
                          $20 says you can't do that again.

I took my wifes increasingly stronger hints and started refinishing the last floor in the house. Have already done the rest, this one is the worst. Should've waited until AFTER the Thanksgiving thing. Doht!!

Hey, she wanted it done...... 8)

(Anyone need a big ass floor sander? Almost done with it.)

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Something like this, yesterday evening. >
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

got the X-axis power feed unit of my mill caught on the inside of my garage door and ripped it clean off the mill, shattering the mounting brackets for good measure!
                              Central TEXAS Sleeper
                              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                              X