sweet potato's in a cinnamon sauce type thing
    boiling onions(small round)
    carrots,squash,turip, potatos(mashed)
    homemade stuffing
    homemade cranberry sauce
    home made cranberry orange sauce
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^all this I get kicked out of kitchen, and can't help with

I get to make this
    stuffed dates(stuffed with peanutbutter and rolled in sugar)
    stuffed celery(creamcheeze with larries salt on top)
    stuffed olives( stuffed with cream cheese)
    homemade bread cinraisen/white/wheat
    cinnamon swirl bread(2)
    crandberry orange bread
    pumpkin pie(2)
    eggnog cheesecake
    stawberry swirl cheesecake
    apple pie
    custard pie
    mincemeatpie
    choc cream pie
    rum cake
    carrot cake with creamcheese frosting
    all home made from scratch..

what tid bits you gonna eats

Re: what u fix'n for turkey day

We're going to have Turkey Biryani, Potato Poha, and Pumpkin Halva. Maybe some chapatis or naan. Definately having crecent rolls though!
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

My god man, who's coming for dinner ? The 101st Airborne ?

Enjoy -

Wife will be out of town so I am bachin' it - I'll probably have a seven course meal - 6 beers and a pizza.
      Na - but I will put a dent in the Nuseke's Ham I got from work.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10

Enjoy -

Wife will be out of town so I am bachin' it - I'll probably have a seven course meal - 6 beers and a pizza.
        25 are coming and three might being someone.. where we are putting them all. I have no idea, wifes better idea(she's a ford girl) :D :D

Comment

What am I fixing? Cardboard boxes. I think I'm staying riiiight here this Thanksgiving...every offer so far is a family war waiting to happen.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I think I will give the dogs both a couple hotdogs, feed the guinea pigs some extra lettuce and some celery, then make myself something home made. I have been thinking chicken noodle soup with scratch egg noodles.

Yep, just me and the dogs on turkey day. At least I have the dogs with me and I dont have to work like almost every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and new Years in the Air Force. Spent lots of holidays alone, this one is no different.

If it isnt snowing or raining I might do some sandblasting on the 65 GTO fenders... then play some Black Ops on the PC and see if I can kill a bottle of rum.

Comment

"Bone in" ham soaking in Dr. Pepper overnight in the big crockpot.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm also spending my Thanksgiving alone. I love turkey and stuffing and all that, but my family is headed to Northampton, MA to eat with my grandparents and I just can't get away. It's a 5 hour drive from Bangor and I only get Thursday off.

I'm hoping to clean up my basement storage room, take a nap and get caught up on some stuff for work. It should be a nice, productive day off.

Work will be pretty dead on Friday, so I'll be able to slack that day.

Comment

I'm going to try a first attempt at deep frying a couple 13lb. gobblers. Everyone I know that does it, says its the best so...

I'm using peanut oil, and injecting a local brand chicken marinate in to them.

Oh, and making my baked beans too, 50/50 mix of a large can each of Gramdma Brown's,and Bush's Maple-Honey, and add half cup each of brown sugar, French's spicy mustard and Heinz57 ketchup, and a whole pound of pre-cooked, chopped up bacon all mixed together, 375 for 1 hr. (Mongo like Beans!!!!)
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10

Enjoy -

25 are coming and three might being someone.. where we are putting them all. I have no idea, wifes better idea(she's a ford girl) :D :D
                    Better warm up the garage with some rented propane heaters - poker game and football for the men.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Notin' - but Mom's neighbor down the street is having us and she'll do the whole deal, no doubt. She's a Bostonian so I don't know quite what to expect. I'll probably bring an extrusion of cranberry sauce - released from the can so the ridges are intact. BTW - who was the idiot who started packing Ocean Spray in those cans w/o a bottom seam? It makes it almost impossible to get the slug out of the can. At home I take it out to the shop and poke a hole in the bottom with a chisel but here I'll probably have to resort to more primitive means.

Dan

Comment

Turkey
                        ham
                        mashed potato
                        green beans
                        stuffing
                        mac and cheese (home made)
                        desert goodies

Snack stuff is
                        about 10 lbs chicken wings, smoked not fried
                        summer sausage whole log
                        cheese
                        crackers
                        vegies an dill dip
                        oh and special hot sauce for the wings.
                        30 pack of beer
                        2 bottles of wine

We have about 14 comming over
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

wife's from new orleans and comes from a family of chefs so... lots of stuff. Most likely jumbalaya, maybe boiled crawfish if we can find any in season, and I will be responsible for cooking the turkey. I think I'm going to do it beer-butt style in the Big Green Egg.

Either that, or I might convince her to ditch the turkey this year and slow cook a Pork Shoulder instead.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Nothing. I got the day off from the usual turkey fry-athon. Whew, mom and family are doing it all and I get to just watch.

Originally posted by mustang13
                            I'm going to try a first attempt at deep frying a couple 13lb. gobblers. Everyone I know that does it, says its the best so...

I'm using peanut oil, and injecting a local brand chicken marinate in to them.
                            Jeremy, I can give you tips on deep frying if you want them, from proper injecting (there is a key way) to dropping bird, to completion. Been doing it for 15 years.

Comment

^^^This man is a trained professional.
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X