Anybody not have a garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody not have a garage?

I did without one in the military. I just worked in the driveway....

Given I lived in Hawaii so it was almost always nice outside. I actually preferred it that way. ;D
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I Had a big garage in Amarillo, now I live in Greenville, SC in an Apartment with a Storage Shed across town to wrench on the Car.
      We are not suposed to do Auto Maintenance in the Parkong lot. I did my Brakes faster than my neighbor changes his Plugs and Wires. I did the Guages, Seat Belts, and Dash Wiring in the Parking lot last weekend. It sucks but, it is al I got right now.

I wonder how they are going to take the building of the Streamliner in the Parking Lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
        Yes, you can be a car junkie without a garage. Fortunately, I've always had one even if some were a bit small. When attending UTI in Phoenix back in '83 we lived in an apartment complex, so working on our cars away from school was a bit of a challenge. They had a strict rule about not having car parts inside our apartments, so we had to get creative. Like hiding cylinder heads under the bed, intake manifolds in the oven, etc. ;D
        Reminds me of a story about a guy who needed to get some adjusments done on his ECU and lived in an apartment that had a rule against working on a car in the parking lot. So he put a bunch of serial cables end-to-end, tossed them out the window, and started tuning the car in his living room. When the landlord protested that you couldn't work on a car in the parking lot, he argued that technically, he wasn't.

Comment

Shade tree all the way.. :-\. The one good thing about not having my junk in a garage is that natural light rules. :D
          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Having been a Michigan CarJunkie for all those many years, I did my time in hell - engine swaps in the snow, etc. Once I got solvent, I swore I'd never be without a heated shop again (think of Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With The Wind" - "I swear I'll never be hungry again" - same thing). Did I mention, I HATE being cold! Anyway, every home I had in Michigan had some kind of heated shop, and the building here in NC is moderately well set up as well.

Can you be a CarJunkie without a shop - sure. But it sure is nicer to be a CarJunkie WITH a shop!

Dan

Comment

I don't personally have a garage at my place,and it sucks.My S10 is half tore apart in my backyard (cold and snowy) The 'Cuda's disassembled in Mom and Dad's garage (amongst lawn tools,mowers and Dad's '68 Skylark "shelf")It's costing me 40 bucks a month to store the Charger right now,and it's a total pain in the ass just getting a hold of the guy (except when rent's due!) but I think I can rewrite the old adage "I cried because I had no garage,..until I met the man who had no cars"

Comment

Working...
              X