Nostalgic memorbila.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgic memorbila.......

Have this Budweiser set hung up in my hobby room.
    This came out of my dad's tavern back in the '60's.

It was a neighbor hood hang out.....remember selling
    nickel beers......a small glass of draft.

Story behind it........I joined the military when I was
    17 my senior year.
    My dad had done the same thing during WWII.

Two weeks after graduation I left for boot camp......night
    before I left had a going away party with all my buddies
    at dad's place.
    Most were all under age but back then it
    didn't matter....sort of an American Graffiti happening.

Dad said if I was old enough to fight, I was old
    enough to drink.

Anyway.......I got seven kinds of shit faced that night but before I went
    home I grabbed this set.
    I knew dad's place was going to be short lived and
    wanted some memories.
    Stashed it under my bed and left it there.
    Surprisingly enough it was there when I got back.

Years later I showed it to him with his approval.
    He passed away in 1987.

Note the matching serial numbers on the Clydesdale horse
    lights.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Re: Nostalgic memorbila.......

those numbers.. thought they looked familiar. both are 1 digit wrong to containing my state of maine drivers license number.
    funny world. ???

I did not have a going away party. I choose no memorobilia.. you have a good idea there.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
      those numbers.. thought they looked familiar. both are 1 digit wrong to containing my state of maine drivers license number.
      funny world. ???

I did not have a going away party. I choose no memorobilia.. you have a good idea there.
      Oops.......not matching but sequential

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Ive got one a clock we got from my dads place with the whole team and the wagon in a little gold model under a clock .Very nice I wonder why they dont do it anymore.

Comment

I have my Granddad's WWII brief case/flight bag. It had Harry's flight logs from the war including bombing run. Mom didn't know what they were and trashed them. I could still kill her for that. His WWII footlocker which is filled with tools.

My great grandfathers poker chip case he made from teak. Pop Pop made all kinds of neato things. I also have a pencil box he made.

I have a bunch of Dad's stuff from his navigating calculating tool. He tried to show me how it worked when I was in pain. It didn't stick. His compass he got as a Eagle Scout. His ski patrol parka when he was one briefly in Alaska. His flight helmet bag which I now use for my race helmet. I have his Mizzou flag from when he was in college from '55-'59. Plus other thngs.

I still have the baseball bat I got a Texas Rangers game when I was six. It was bat day. I remember Uncle Howie driven to near murder by 10,000 kids banging them on the bleachers. It's Louisville Slugger, but it's only a size 28. It was great for little league, but now it's just home protection.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            I have my Granddad's WWII brief case/flight bag. It had Harry's flight logs from the war including bombing run. Mom didn't know what they were and trashed them. I could still kill her for that. His WWII footlocker which is filled with tools.

My great grandfathers poker chip case he made from teak. Pop Pop made all kinds of neato things. I also have a pencil box he made.

I have a bunch of Dad's stuff from his navigating calculating tool. He tried to show me how it worked when I was in pain. It didn't stick. His compass he got as a Eagle Scout. His ski patrol parka when he was one briefly in Alaska. His flight helmet bag which I now use for my race helmet. I have his Mizzou flag from when he was in college from '55-'59. Plus other things.

I still have the baseball bat I got a Texas Rangers game when I was six. It was bat day. I remember Uncle Howie driven to near murder by 10,000 kids banging them on the bleachers. It's Louisville Slugger, but it's only a size 28. It was great for little league, but now it's just home protection.
            Little league stuff will really be cool.

I kept all my kids sport stuff from when they were
            little.
            Today that have a blast going through it.
            Thom

Comment

Working...
            X