Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil Change Poll

Originally posted by malc
    Apart from no place that changes oil here has a filter for my Camaro they have this silly idea the filter should only be changed every other oil change.
    I do all the fluids and check for leaks afterwards and while I´m down there I can review the underside of the vehicle.
    Where are you that they don't have a pf46, or 454. They're in every truck engine also.

Comment

Hey, I'm no longer the only schmuck who won't change his own oil!
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My wifes car is under warranty (2007 Focus) so we just go in and get the oil changed at the dealer. They have our records and we keep our receipts, and there's a good restaurant across the street...

I used to change all of it, then my son took that over on the other cars. I don't see very well any more, but I could still do it in a pinch. My daughter takes hers (1998 Contour on it second engine)to a Ford dealer to get it changed because it has VVT and has to have Ford spec 5-30 oil. Normal oil killed the first engine at 130,000. We put a clean 35,000 mile engine in it and its up to her to keep it right.

To everyone who does, use rubber gloves, and keep your used oil in a separate pan and take it to Autozone, they will let you dump it in their tank to be recycled. They used to take antifreeze too in a separate tank, it has been awhile, but they used to. Dogs and cats will drink antifreeze and die if you leave it out. I am learning the hard way about using gloves, etc for handling hazardous materials. There's nothing macho at stake by slipping on a set of gloves before hitting the parts washer with a 40 year old grimy piece of lead covered iron.

Down from my soap box now.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
          Originally posted by dagenesta
          Anybody see the oil change thread on "the sister site?"
          Sister site?
          See DF's editorial, and the "About CarJunkieTV.com" button at the bottom of CJTV.com. You'll find it. Warning: not for young children, or for those with mechanical knowledge. There is no tech section, BTW. Curious...
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
            Anybody see the oil change thread on "the sister site?"
            Sister site?
            See DF's editorial, and the "About CarJunkieTV.com" button at the bottom of CJTV.com. You'll find it. Warning: not for young children, or for those with mechanical knowledge. There is no tech section, BTW. Curious...
            I advised in the Demo test to remove that link ;) Be kind.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

:-X ;) ;D

Each to their own.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Thanks - I read the editorial but my mind glazed over the mention of the other site...

Comment

Working...
                X