Oil Change Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change Poll

So it came up in another thread but has merit as a question... Do you change your own Oil?

On average I don't in my daily driver... just don't care ... Personally there isn't much to learn there... my race cars, hot rods, bikes... sure I want to feel the oil look in the bottom of the pan... and generally see the Oil that comes out of them... but the other stuff I have virtually zero interest in...

How bout You?

Keith ( Yep I'm that Lazy )
    Yes in all my cars
    0%
    Yes but only in my hot rod
    0%
    No, Never
    0%

Re: Oil Change Poll

not just MY cars, but ffriends & family, too...

they treat me like a dirt cheap jiffy lube. haha

autozone (where I drop off my oil) denied me a couple of years ago. said I brought in the limit...now, i tell 'em i only have 5 quarts instead of 5 gallons...(which takes almost a month)

Comment

I voted yes in all my cars, but it has more to do with how much time I have, usually I'll change it in my daily drivers unless it's getting old, then it's worth getting it done in 15 min for $20 just to get it done.
      sigpic

Comment

Wifey won't let me do our daily-driver, because I'm typically so busy with work, the thing would be three changes overdue before I got to it...

No-one touches the Demon but me however....

Comment

Like I've said before I'm cheap, I do all my own.

Comment

I've seen how oil changes get done at the $20 shops....yikes! too many "left the plug loose" stories for me
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Oil changing is a fundamental right of the do-it-yourselfer. ;D

Comment

i don't understand how those shops stay open...

Comment

im only 18, but i have been raised to do everything myself. i wouldnt trust those places with changing my washer fluid(if i had any to change) yet alone my oil. i just love to work on my old junk anytime i can, i change the oil in my old lawn mower and it makes me smile ;D

Comment

I change the oil in all our vehicles. Always have and hopefully always will. I put synthetic oil in both my trucks, regular 5W20 in the wife's truck and Rotella in Dad's Dodge. This creates quite a bit of used oil as well. Since I don't have to change the oil in the hot rod as often as the daily drivers, there's 24 quarts between our two trucks and around 2 1/2 gallons from the Dodge. We don't have garbage collection in the rural area I live. We have a waste transfer station were I have to haul all our trash every weekend. They have a place there for old oil and batteries.

Comment

By the way, all our vehicles are super easy to change, except the Ford (2004) :D ;D. Why is that? ;D The oil filter has to be at the front of the motor hidden by everything.

Comment

I guess I just like the fact that they check EVERYTHING in 10 minutes... top up all my fluids... do the tires, rear end oil... so on and so forth... for me it's more a matter of them doing the things I simply wouldn't during a normal oil change...

Never had a single issue in 15 yrs of using these guys....

K

Comment

Funny you should mention Keith that they check everything .Just had to stop over at moms to top fluids off the the oil change place was supposed to do. Yes I change all 4 of our drivers.(Even the toy is a dd .When I get 2-3 gallons I take it to the NAPA In town where they have a special furnace that they can burn it and heat the store and machine shop.

Comment

I change all my own oil. Somehow I'm not sure if the drunk at the jiffie lube would even know to rinse out the canister on the Malibu. I do everything myself, if I know how and have the tools. Which means I get help or pay people a lot.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Yep, the only way to be sure my precious synthetic actually goes in ...

Comment

Working...
                              X