a sample of what you guys are missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sample of what you guys are missing

The 51st Houston Autorama kicked off thanksgiving weekend here to a sold out floor of 750+ vehicles for the first time in a very very long time. The show runs a total of 4 days and has a number of heavy hitters from the indoor show scene to try to make the Magnificent 7 and then be crowned with the Milwinder award

I made it to day numero dos and shot .......... gasp ........ 568 photos (sorry brian) and I made it thru , eh maybe 2/3rds of the show, so to hold you guys over and give you a glimps of what yer missin, here ya go, sorry im such a tease ;D

to get these pics you literly have to know someone higher up, well thenx to Bob Lawson ISCA show manager he allowed me to get those pics, btw Bob is one helluva cool dude and LOVES the BS site, thats how I got the pics ...

so Bob, THANK YOU AGAIN !
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: a sample of what you guys are missing

Indoor shows hold a special place with me. Those were the first shows I went to as a kid. The Autorama at Omaha's Civic Auditorium.

I don't think you took enough photos. And, why are you making Brian go through them all?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Looks like a great show, thanks for sharing the photos. I too went first to indoor "World of Wheels" car shows, the Sioux City Auditorium and the Omaha Civic Auditorium. I miss these great Auditorium settings, they were classy buildings.
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Ditto on the indoor shows........we used to take
          the Greyhound to St. Louis to attend.

Great couple of shots.......really gives one an
          idea of the offering.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I am liking those pillars going to the roof. :D
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am liking those pillars going to the roof. :D
              Me too! Most impressive engineering.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't "get" shows that allow late Vettes/Chargers/Magnums/Challengers, etc. That's what parking lots are for. I don't want to pay $20 or more to see shit that's on the streets/parking lots/showroom floors. For every percent of late shit there is, they should knock an equal percent off the admission price
                STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                  I'm sorry, but I don't "get" shows that allow late Vettes/Chargers/Magnums/Challengers, etc. That's what parking lots are for. I don't want to pay $20 or more to see shit that's on the streets/parking lots/showroom floors. For every percent of late shit there is, they should knock an equal percent off the admission price
                  Yeah......I wouldn't give the late model
                  stuff a second glance.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                    Originally posted by groucho
                    Yeah......I wouldn't give the late model
                    stuff a second glance.

I really like looking at vendor's products at a show. Recently, at a Pontiac show, there were no vendors due to space limitations, they turned away a few bitchen old Pontiacs at the gate for the same reason, but there were 20 or so 2004(?) bellybutton Manaros with GTO badges on them
                    STUGOTS

Comment

maybe the lat models have real kickin stereos

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                        Looks like a great show, thanks for sharing the photos. I too went first to indoor "World of Wheels" car shows, the Sioux City Auditorium and the Omaha Civic Auditorium. I miss these great Auditorium settings, they were classy buildings.
                        That's the name I was looking for. World of Wheels. My Dad would buy me the souvenier book with pics of the big cars. If I was smart, I would've kept those.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          ;D
                          Thom

Comment

LOL, Jim.

Reminds of years ago at a Starbird show during the award presentation, some punk kid with a ricer was bitching about not winning any trophies.
                            Since all I could see was a nice paint job, wire wheels and a chrome fart can for mods I asked him why his car deserved trophies.
                            His reply? "I spent over $20,000 on the stereo system!".
                            After I stopped laughing, I told him it was a car show - not a concert.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                              And, why are you making Brian go through them all?
                              I'll be building the galleries!!! (Happily!!!)

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X