Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a sample of what you guys are missing

Originally posted by groucho
    I'm sorry, but I don't "get" shows that allow late Vettes/Chargers/Magnums/Challengers, etc. That's what parking lots are for. I don't want to pay $20 or more to see shit that's on the streets/parking lots/showroom floors. For every percent of late shit there is, they should knock an equal percent off the admission price
    must be nice to have indoor car shows....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here and I'm sure you guys will and that's what's so great about this Forum. I don't go to indoor shows because I get the impression that a lot (certainly not all) of those cars were professionally built for a guy that barely knows where the ignition key goes and have never seen the streets other then the drive from the pavillion to the trailer and that is providing they actually run. I can't and won't pass up an outdoor show where the car was driven and if it gets rained on, no biggy deal! Now before you get on my case too bad, that's just my slanted opinion! I should add, that's been my experience here in the Midwest so hopefully it's different elsewhere.

Comment

In Boston, they usually have the World of Wheels in the middle of winter. It is over crowded, in a crappy venue, yet everyone goes because we've been staring at ice and snow banks for months.

Phil, there is some awful looking stuff here and there, but there are also lots of race cars and neat stuff that has been hibernating all winter.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

: : Great Pictures,It was good running into you Friday. : :
          Danny/Zachary
          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

The World of Wheels shows were always in winter. That's the point. To give gearheads their fix when the weather sucks and no racing or outdoor shows.

I don't care who owns the car, or whether or not that guy built himself. Who gives a turkey? It's about the car itself. I don't care if the car never will start up or see road time. I get plenty of those kind of cars at every outdoor show and race I go to. These cars are about the artwork.

These World of Wheels shows are the spark that made me love customized cars.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Model Train shows are cooler IMO ;D ;). ~J/W.

Comment

NYC used the ISCA winston world of wheels at the coliseum
                but one day , it didn't make it on the schedule
                used to travel to philly and boston for WOW shows

Comment

Working...
                X