Willie Nelson busted again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Nelson busted again.

Hell he's 77 years old, leave him alone :D. Profiling.

"Living country music legend Willie Nelson was charged with possession of marijuana after six ounces were discovered aboard his tour bus in Texas, according to a U.S. Border Patrol spokesman.

Nelson's tour bus pulled into a routine checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas -- approximately 85 miles east of El Paso -- around 9 a.m. on Friday. When an officer noticed a suspicious odor coming from the bus, a search turned up the marijuana, police said.

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West told the El Paso Times that Nelson, 77, claimed that the marijuana was his. According to police patrolman Bill Brooks, a sheriff from Hudspeth County was contacted and Nelson was among three people arrested at the scene. Nelson was held briefly and paid a $2,500 bond before being released.

Mickey Raphael, Nelson's longtime harmonica player, spoke with Rolling Stone magazine regarding the incident and Nelson's release, telling the magazine that "he said he feels great -- he lost six ounces."

"It's kind of surprising, but I mean we treat him like anybody else," West told the El Paso Times. "He could get 180 days in county jail, which if he does, I'm going to make him cook and clean. He can wear the stripy uniforms just like the other ones do."

At the time Nelson was traveling from California to his ranch in Austin, Texas. Because he was released, it is not expected that the arrest would affect his tour, which continues with a concert in Thackerville, Okla., tonight.

Elaine Schock, Nelson's spokeswoman, declined to comment when contacted by The Associated Press.

Nelson, a staunch advocate of decriminalization of marijuana, has had his share of drug-related brushes with the law.

In Louisiana in 2006, 1.5 pounds of marijuana and three ounces of hallucinogenic mushrooms were found on his bus, and in 1995 he was arrested after he was pulled over in Waco, Texas, and police officers said they saw a joint in his car's ashtray."

Re: Willie Nelson busted again.

That Heathen... Just so the Sheriff can have some good smoke....

Comment

Yeah, you'd think the law dogs in Texas should be busier than that chasing illegals....

And I don't know about Texas, but in some states, anything over two ounces can be trumped into "intent to distribute."

Poor Willie might have to mop some bathroom floors at the jail sure nuff. Maybe he finally remembered to pay his taxes, but then he forgot to hide the pot. Poor guy. The whole world's jus beating him up.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Willie Nelson and 6 ounces of weed.......pfffft

That's like finding an ice cream bar in
        Oprah's fridge

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

So Willie will have to have another Wille Benefit Concert to pay his legal fees......"On the Road Again..."

I smoked pot in high school, 30-something years ago, because everybody else was doing it. I still didn't fit in, but that was as close as I could get to fitting in at the time. I didn't like pot. It made me paranoid. Every car on the the street at night was a cop.

Even then, just give me a beer or twelve. Much more relaxing. A that shit smells to high heaven, half mile away even outdoors. You can't discreetly smoke it, no matter where you are.

Comment

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Good one Gene
              ;D
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dang, they didn't even let Wille play. Or at least Willie couldn't figure out what to play on that song. All he could do was stand there and grin.

Yeah, that was good. But gosh almighty how I hate that very sound (country). And I'm alone that way. Everybody else in the whole nation loves it and drools over it. It hurts my ears, that sound.

Comment

Peewee, when it comes to Willie Nelson, I'm right there with you.

I think the guy sucks on all levels.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                    Dang, they didn't even let Wille play. Or at least Willie couldn't figure out what to play on that song. All he could do was stand there and grin.

Yeah, that was good. But gosh almighty how I hate that very sound (country). And I'm alone that way. Everybody else in the whole nation loves it and drools over it. It hurts my ears, that sound.
                    I like two kinds of music

rock

n

roll
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by peewee

country music is like sodomy to the ears

;D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Peewee, when it comes to Willie Nelson, I'm right there with you.

I think the guy sucks on all levels.
                        have you taken down that new kids on the block poster yet.. :D :D :D j/k
                        willie isn't for everyone.. but thats like anyone in music..

Comment

I don't at all dislike Willie. Sure, I've never met him. But I think he'd be great fun to drink with. He's sure to be full of great stories.

And he describes himself, accurately, as not at all a musician. But an entertainer. As said on another thread here, yeah, there's a lot to go with that.

Unit and I were watching a movie the other night about Bobby Darin. In the movie, Sandra Dee, Bobby's wife, said, "People hear what they see." That kinda went over my head at the time, but as the movie went on, I finally understood what that meant.

If you have a huge stage show and lots of lights, people feel like they're getting entertained. Whether they actually are or not, they just believe it. It goes to the brain.

Kinda like a video I have on my website where the virtuoso violinist is playing a Staovarious(SP?) in a train station, and people are walking right past him. Nobody listened. Not the right setting. A fascinating social experiment.

Comment

he should spend a night in the box

Comment

Yeah Willie, quit smoking pot and start drinking whiskey like a real country music star. What the hell's wrong with you, fond of your liver or something? jeeze, wuss.....
                              Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Working...
                              X