Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the absolute cheapest way to 1000hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the absolute cheapest way to 1000hp?

That doesn't involve a 2JZ?

C'mon, think!
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Re: What is the absolute cheapest way to 1000hp?

Ummmm....LS engine with either a big single or a couple twins.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Cheapest way?

Big Block Chevy
      Big cam
      Good heads
      LOTS of nitrous

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

bbc and happy gas

Comment

.... And just wtf is a 2JZ?

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
            .... And just wtf is a 2JZ?

Ron
            toyotas inline 6 that D/G GETS WOOD OVER

Comment

ima fan of the 2JZ too, I just wont admit it round these parts
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                uhh....the cheapest way is NOT the way I'd want to get there!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Larger LS and a small/larger hairdryer setup if you want it to survive alright.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

That doesn't involve a 2JZ?

C'mon, think!
                    i bet you could get 1000hp out of an LS motor cheaper than you could a 2jz.

if you did the same setup as the turbo fairmont which was claimed to make 900hp, with a 6.0 bottom end instead of a 5.3 bottom end. it would make over 1000hp.

Comment

forsure an lq4 with a turbo...
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

I was sort of counting on you to say "Use somebody elses money"...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
                          Originally posted by squirrel

I was sort of counting on you to say "Use somebody elses money"...
                          you could just buy a bunch of cheap shitty cars too :D

lets say you can get a 150hp car for $200-300

it would only cost $1400-2100 to get 1000hp ;D

Comment

I resisted saying start with 1250 and pull a plug wire.

1000hp or 1000hp reliably? I think the point was cheap good or fast , pick 2. By the time you have enough injector or enough carb(s) to support 1000 horsepower, it's past cheap in my book.

I'd expect an LS to need forged internals to live at 1000. Starts getting pricey quick. 500 Hp LS is not working parts like a 1000 hp LS. More cubes moves the torque curve down the RPM range which is counterproductive to making a big HP number, but makes for an easier to live with engine in my book.

AFR headed 496 BBC or a P-51 headed 521 Ford is about the cheapest big blocks I can think of to build with all forged internals that will support 1000hp and live. 600 seems pretty straight forward with a "mild for the size" roller cam, add 12 pounds of boost. Spend as much on your fuel system as you did on the stroker kit.

I'm guessing about 10-12 bucks a HP if you want it to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
                              I resisted saying start with 1250 and pull a plug wire.

1000hp or 1000hp reliably? I think the point was cheap good or fast , pick 2. By the time you have enough injector or enough carb(s) to support 1000 horsepower, it's past cheap in my book.

I'd expect an LS to need forged internals to live at 1000. Starts getting pricey quick. 500 Hp LS is not working parts like a 1000 hp LS. More cubes moves the torque curve down the RPM range which is counterproductive to making a big HP number, but makes for an easier to live with engine in my book.

AFR headed 496 BBC or a P-51 headed 521 Ford is about the cheapest big blocks I can think of to build with all forged internals that will support 1000hp and live. 600 seems pretty straight forward with a "mild for the size" roller cam, add 12 pounds of boost. Spend as much on your fuel system as you did on the stroker kit.

I'm guessing about 10-12 bucks a HP if you want it to live.

dieselgeek (iirc) was involved in building a 5.3LS powered ford fairmont. it made 900hp on the stock bottom end and made dozens of passes in the 9's

a 6.0 with the same setup and hp/ci would make approx. 1020hp

last time i knew, the same guys were building a budget 6.0 to put in a foxbody, havent heard much about it yet though

Comment

Working...
                              X