Sky Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Water

Great gwok-a-molies. I poured 4.4 inches out of the gauge since yesterday afternoon, and there's a huge all-night-looking wad heading at us on the radar.

Water, water, everywhere. I guess it's our turn to get it. Glad we live about 1/3 of the way down a big hill. The street at times looks like the spillway at a hydro dam, all the water racing by to get down there to where Mouse Creek is. I hope the folks who bought houses down on that end at least knew what they were thinking at the time....
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Sky Water

One of these days, I'm gonna stop watching the local evening news. I think I do it because I'll miss a local story people will be talking about at work tomorrow, and I don't want seem to be even more ignorant than I already am. Unit has already given up on the local news. She gets aggravated and goes to do something else. But.....today (yesterday) there was a big business story in the area that I totally missed and folks at a meeting today were talking about it in great detail, and I had no stinking idea what it was about.

Tonight they ran about 5 minutes' worth of coverage of the rain. They interviewed a wild-eyed driver who said, "YEP! I hydroplaned today - TWICE!" And lots of footage of storm drains backed up. Uhh okay....

What's a guy to do, watch or not watch????? I dunno. And just now while I was typing this, they ran a story about the company I work for, news that I got three days ago.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Re: Sky Water

as hot as your locale got this summer...
      it deserves the rain.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X