Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service isn't selling, it's what happens after the sale (Summit rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service isn't selling, it's what happens after the sale (Summit rant)

I like Summit, user friendly site, great prices, excellent shipping.... but for the first time I had a return. I bought the right part, it came in 3 days. I returned the part the day before I bought the new part, still waiting for them to even acknowledge receipt (according to the shipper's information it's been at their business for more than a week).....

Summit - I have two words for you - Jegs, Speedway.

*rant off*
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Service isn't selling, it's what happens after the sale (Summit rant)

speedway sells more chinese specials than imperial wok
    this may be helpful when ordering

Comment

I know in this new electronic age, everyone tries to operate via email, but did you try calling their customer service line? Every time I've returned something (exchange or refund) I give them a call before hand.

Maybe this is just one of those times somebody dropped the ball.....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I've never had an issue with returns to Summit. Returned some un-needed AN Fittings and bearings, as well as exchanged mis-boxed bearings, and had no issue with the return time frame. Of course I wasn't standing there with my arms crossed and tapping my foot for the money either. If you paid via paypal, they will send the credit there.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I like summit.
          I did order from a ejegs, never heard of speedway.

hit or miss for everything selling. ebay is a real risk if to really rant. Even a buyer can try to go criminal on an innocent seller.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            speedway sells more chinese specials than imperial wok
            this may be helpful when ordering
            now that's helpful Spidey, thanks ;D

So I have to invest more time into this return? I don't think so - it was partially my fault, when I said "1970 Buick skylark clutch, 26 spline, 11" disk, 455 motor" I expected to get the part - I should have double checked the "fitment guide" but I presumed and that was my fault.... on the other hand, listing a part for a new gen GTO/Camaro (93-97) isn't even close...

as for the phone call, already did that.... before I ever sent it back to see what my options were (return for refund or exchange for parts)... in either case, it was on my dime that the part got returned....

and toe tapping.... it's been almost 2 weeks since the part was sent, they had it the next day... and still nothing....

my issue remains, returns should be expedited as fast or faster then their sales - not as an afterthought nor as something I have to babysit... because if I have to babysit, I'll simply find another option. without a phone call to let them know

Comment

Never had any issues with Summit. Hell, I got a free transmission tube when the transmission pan they sent me had a minor lip imperfection and instead of sending it back, they sent me the tube.

Jegs on the other hand can kiss my headers when they are hot. The overall attitude of the person on the phone really turned me off with doing business with them again.
              "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

if you didn't call before hand and didn't list an RA# ON THE BOX UNDER THEIR ADDRESS.
                it is just going to sit there..

Comment

taz - I did call them, did get return authorization.... but they don't use RA numbers, they use that cute little label that's (newly) included with your order. You simply paste the label on the box, and take it to your friendly, local post office (for those curious - the friendly one is next to the unicorn dealership).....

thus, probably the problem? new system = problems.... why is it everytime I call to get assistance people tell me that it's the first time they've ever heard of that problem?!!! :

Comment

when they start that

Comment

their words "we just started that" when I asked them about the return policy, how and "what's this silly card."

Comment

Working...
                      X