X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how loud are top fuel dragsters?

really loud

Re: how loud are top fuel dragsters?

my brother can watch a pair of fuelers run with no ear blocking , I can't even handle the burnouts
    alcohol dragster with a screw is so hi pitched , it is worse than a fueler

Comment

WHOOOAAAA

I've never gotten to see a modern top fuel, or even a modern funny car run before, would love to go to a race next year
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Still haven't seen or heard a stereo/home theater system that does them justice.

Comment

Top Sportsman are loud enough for me!!! And let me tell you from first hand experience standing at the line and getting plastered in the leg with molten rubber from the burnout is something everyone needs to experience just once.. After that I wear jeans!!!
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

What?? I didn't hear you
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I go to Pomona every year for the Finals. There are two things that inevitably occur...

1) The dolts who - for whatever reason - don't wear ear protection during the TF and FC runs. I guess they think it's cool not to. They'll kick themselves in the ass when their hearing starts to fade.

2) The knuckleheads in the pits who stand 15' from the fueler when it's fired up after the teardown. After 20 seconds, they all scamper like ants with tears in their eyes.
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

The first drag race I took my wife to had top fuel cars running. She swore that she would never go again, and she sat in the concession area with her ears covered. I love it when they shake the earth like the vid, it seems like everything stops moving forward and just shakes for a second.
                Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                  WHOOOAAAA

I've never gotten to see a modern top fuel, or even a modern funny car run before, would love to go to a race next year
                  me either. I only heard whatver they max at 1/8th mile local.. my dads place is about 5-ten miles and gets a shot of sound in the summers. maine has grain in the rocks making it even stranger to put the fact together.

I can sure tell a c16 on the highway from my place in downtown bangor... unbelievable. The big diesel is obviously the winner of such a brut category.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

fingers are ear protection

Comment

I've been to IHRA Top Fuel Nationals at Epping a couple of times (and never again now, I guess ) and those suckers are not only ear-bleeding loud, but they shake the earth.

Here's a video I took:
                      IHRA Top Fuel Nationals semi-final at New England Dragway in Epping, NH on 9/12/10.

Comment

I STILL have sunburn freckle lines from the tank top I foolishly wore to an NHRA meet in Columbus, probably summer of '01.... I had ear plugs. It didn't matter - those things require ear plugs, ear muffs, and you're probably still damaging your hearing.

WOW

Totally incredible - this is something you have to BE THERE to experience. They shake EVERYTHING - you can feel it resonating in your chest, through the bleachers to your feet, it's just unreal.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

been a few years since I've seen them run, but they do make the world around them shake pretty good.

Of course it's the combination of sound, vibration, fuel and rubber that combines to make it so much fun to watch them run when you're relatively close .
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Every year I go to Heartland Park I take someone who has never been to a drag race.
                            I tell them up front what will happen, how they will feel, etc.
                            They never believe it until they experience it for themselves - and then they're hooked!
                            I swear one guys smile wrapped around his head twice when the first pair of fuelers blasted off.

They are louder than God on a bad day, louder than 10 atom bombs going off at the same time.
                            When your heartbeat changes to match the cackle of a fueler - THAT IS LIVING, my friend!
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I like the roar of 43 cars when the green drops better

Comment

Working...
                              X