• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how loud are top fuel dragsters?

A/FD makes a good pop , but not like the pressure of 14.71

Comment

Nothing, and I mean nothing in the USAF inventory short of a rocket is as loud as a Fueler.
      But a B-1 bomber on full afterburner comes darn close. (used to live at the end of the runway)
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS

200WINS
        My Cars: 1992 Richard Petty driving Experience Edition Grand Prix, 1973 Pontiac Grand Am, 1986 Pontiac Trans Am, 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

What?? I didn't hear you
        you can def lose your hearing

Comment

Well, from all the comments here...

Spent years as a fan of roundy-round racing and I thought the start of a truck race at Bristol was the loudest thing I'd ever heard. The whole stadium is a bowl, aluminum grandstands, a giant speaker cone to start with. If you care at all about NASCAR, you have to see any race at Bristol in person to get "it."

The folks who cover NASCAR should consider some better microphones to capture the sound of NASCAR for viewers on TV with big sound systems. The broadcasted soud is not even close. But I don't know if you could get there anyway.

Jets and stuff up close, I have no experience except for being in a commuter jet staged up behind a 747 for takeoff. Now, THAT thing made a surprising amount of thunder from that close.

BUT, Pumpkin took me to the drag race reuinion in Kentucky this year. I'll admit, it was the first drag race I'd ever been to. Lots of roundy-round, but no drag races.

Pumpkin warned me ahead of time, he liked to be down at the starting line where the engines make your heart flutter. I didn't know what he was talking about.

There we were, and I have to say, not having experienced it before....yeah. Your entire body pulsates with every piston firing - it's not in your control. I actually found it to be an uncomfortable feeling, myself. I loved it, but I didn't really like it. Not in control of my body at all. But that is SURE something you have to be there to experience. Awesome.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X