Pumpkin's Gonna Be a Yankee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin's Gonna Be a Yankee!

Man I sure do hope it's true that bad things come in three's. Not long ago the transmission died in the Trooper, yesterday I blew a head gasket in the Pumpkin, and this morning the top of a tree blew down and landed on top of it denting the hood and cracking the windshield. #### my life! <<Pumpkin>>

Okay, there's a new chapter in this one. Pumpkin's moving to Indiana to make car parts for bucks! Yep.

Sorry, I blew the story wide open for ya man, but I just had to do it.

Go Pumpkin GO! Congratulations! Grin, grin, grin!!!!!!!!! ;D

peewee
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Pumpkin's Gonna Be a Yankee!

You can take the southerner out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the southerner..... ;)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
      You can take the southerner out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the southerner..... ;)
      Buick, is that a bad or a good thing? The bigger thing, Man, let's celebrate Pumpin's new opportunity. I mean, I'm partying and grinning on his hehalf. WOW, what a turn of events!!!!!!! that is just GREAT!

Comment

We need details PeeWee!....Good for you Matt!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
          We need details PeeWee!....Good for you Matt!
          Matt's in charge of relating details. Sorry Matt, I broke the story, I couldn't help it, I was so happy for you.

Chances are Matt may not even be online for getting all of his stuff ready. He flies Saturday to start this grand adventure.

Gosh, what a grand thing!!!!!!! All I've heard for the past several years is about peole getting laid off. Getting HIRED?

Wow, I'll be I'm nearly as happy as Matt is, though that's not possible.

Comment

You tease!.....lol
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
              You tease!.....lol

He's gonna get paid to attend a lot of training, bending metal to make fenders and stuff, I think. Big bucks.

Matt has to tell it.

No, I don't tease. If Matt posted nearly as much as I do, he would have already told it.

As overjoyed as I am about the whole thing, I realize we won't see Matt again for a long while. But the more important thing is he's found a spot doing what he knows how to do, and loves to do. And from our standpoint, as much as we have enjoyed meeting Matt, and as much stuff as he's turned us onto (hotrod events and such) I'm most touched by the fact that he called ME tonight to tell me about it. Friends. That's everything, as far as I'm concerned.

Go, Matt, GO!

Comment

Congratulation Matt.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

This thread should be retitled "A Southern Man in a Yankee Land".
                  ;D

Comment

Stoked to hear Matt's luck has changed. Going to miss him in the line up at Maxton. I suppose I'm just going to have to find something to do in Indiana as an excuse to visit, or make a power tour.

It feels weird talking to him in the third person. Congrats man!!!!

Steve
                    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

It's not written in stone yet, but it's a CNC gig involving human replacement parts, knees, hips... I fly to Indiana Sat. Wish me luck Brothers that I don't get froze to death.

Originally posted by rightpedal
                      Stoked to hear Matt's luck has changed. Going to miss him in the line up at Maxton. I suppose I'm just going to have to find something to do in Indiana as an excuse to visit, or make a power tour.

Steve
                      Thanks Steve, but maybe now I'll be able to afford to do Maxton again.

Originally posted by White Monster
                      ;D
                      Nailed it Steve ;).

Comment

Steve
                        Yeah, I'm broadcasting it, and yeah, it is weird.

Steve - two things from Maxton this year (thread wreck) - You hollered at Sue Unit through the car window at the entrance and she didn't acknowledge you...because she can't hear. She apologized then and now.

And, I wanted to hook up with you the next day but you were not on the station. We'll do better next time.

So, back to Matt's new good fortune! Let's pile up a bunch of posts for him to see when he has time enough to look!

peewe

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin v2
                          It's not written in stone yet, but it's a CNC gig involving human replacement parts, knees, hips... I fly to Indiana Sat. Wish me luck Brothers that I don't get froze to death.
                          Human replacement parts?!?!??!?!

Okay, Pumpkin........

Let me think about all of this.....I'm now into this deep....

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin v2

Steve
                            Thanks Steve, but maybe now I'll be able to afford to do Maxton again.

Originally posted by White Monster
                            ;D
                            Nailed it Steve ;).
                            Awesome news Matt! And Indy is only 5 hours from here! ;) ;D
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Congrats, Matt! Not that making car parts wouldn't be cool and all but this is stuff that REALLY matters. You will be changing lives. Have fingers and toes crossed for you.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X