Shipping just got more dificult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping just got more dificult

I am in the mail and parcel business(like the UPS Store).
    UPS sent down orders today if you ship at a retail counter like my store you need photo ID.
    Be prepared.
    Yes our rights and lefts are being taken away but it might prevent that airplane or truck
    from making a mess of your house or highway.

Nick

Re: Shipping just got more dificult

stupid taliban

Comment

I wouldn't call that a right being taken away. Maybe if it were law, but that's just a hoop to jump through if you want to do buisness with UPS. I prefer USPS, and haven't been ID'd yet ;D Not that I care if they do, any detective can tell I was there when I pay for my shipping with my ATM/debit card :
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        I wouldn't call that a right being taken away. Maybe if it were law, but that's just a hoop to jump through if you want to do buisness with UPS. I prefer USPS, and haven't been ID'd yet ;D Not that I care if they do, any detective can tell I was there when I pay for my shipping with my ATM/debit card :
        Ya USPS has never ID'd me, and I ship stuff internationally all the time. But I do one thing that gets me carded all the time and that is I don't sign the back of my credit cards, that way the clerk will normally ask me for my ID. It's kind of a security measure on my part. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          Ya USPS has never ID'd me, and I ship stuff internationally all the time. But I do one thing that gets me carded all the time and that is I don't sign the back of my credit cards, that way the clerk will normally ask me for my ID. It's kind of a security measure on my part. ;)
          haha .. sorry t.c. maybe 5 years ago..
          with the selfserve check outs.. and the slid your card yourself . instead of the clerk.. not signing it. does no good..

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
            I don't sign the back of my credit cards, that way the clerk will normally ask me for my ID.
            It's kind of a security measure on my part.
            ... and when your your wallet is stolen or lost, the thief / finder just signs you name in their handwritting and they don't get ID'd when they spend your money !!

How is this a security measure, just curious ?

Comment

They still ask to see mine just about everywhere I shop.

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc...
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Exaclty, rather you sign it or not is practically irrelevant. Either the clerk will ask or won't regardless if there is a signature on the back.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

home depot and most places the card never leaves your hand..
                  not only that.. alot now. you don't sign for sales under 50 bucks

Comment

It leaves my hand when I swipe it and the lady asks to see it.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing

home depot and most places the card never leaves your hand..
                      not only that.. alot now. you don't sign for sales under 50 bucks
                      Yes, sorta; that policy is negotiated between Home Depot and their processing vendor. Some places, it's $5 and under, credit charges require no swipe. It depends on a lot of things and is a bitch to negotiate properly.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

It leaves my hand when I swipe it and the lady asks to see it.
                        well I guess they trust me as I shopped at rockland/avon/brockton/south bay and quincy and the card has never left my hand..hell, the cards in my name and my wife goes all the time and buys plants..
                        and I'm at home or work.. her name isn't on the cards

Comment

When my grandfather (mother's father) was alive I would buy his groceries. I always used his debit/credit card. One time an uptight security conscious cashier wanted to see my ID, of course my ID did not match the debit card. I had to explain that my grandad was house bound, but no matter what she wasnt letting me leave with the stuff. I went to another store got grandad's grocery's and used his card with no ID or any other problems.
                          Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

We have our photo on our credit cards.
                            Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

If it gets lost or stolen most banks and VISA will give your money back on a unauthorized purchase anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X