X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Junkies should know this motor

Hijacked from the "cylinders" thread:

Keith - buddy - you're dreamin' :D

One more pic to torture you; this one was taken yesterday, and that is a factory dual plane intake modified to adapt the 1150 Dominator. 720 HP with the dual plane...

Re: Jay Brown's junk....

Car Junkies should know this motor...

Comment

Re: Jay Brown's junk....

Geez Jay if thats your junk...... I'm happy. I picked up a 410 out of a 67 Merc. 45,000 miles on it never been touched and the old [72] gentleman delivered it to my door. Old b%stard wouldn't help unload it though. lol

Comment

Re: Car Junkies should know this motor

Originally posted by jaybnve
        Keith - buddy - you're dreamin' :D

One more pic to torture you; this one was taken yesterday, and that is a factory dual plane intake modified to adapt the 1150 Dominator. 720 HP with the dual plane...

You are just scratching the surface there, 800 hp here we come! I hope you get some of Bill's new heads to try, I am betting on 850-900 with them and the pan evac.

Not bad for an old dinosaur!

Comment

ahhhhhh nothing like the sohc mmmmmm.......

Comment

Ya just gotta love the "cammer"

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Mike, I've got another SOHC going together based on one of my Shelby blocks. I've been mulling over how to get the oil where it needs to be, and keep it from coming out of all the lifter bores. Is there an easy way to do this? I've been considering two possibilities, one is to sleeve the lifter bores with sleeves that have a machined slot, to keep the oil flowing down the lifter bore path until it gets to the point where the head feed taps in, and then sleeve the next lifter bore in line with no slot in the sleeve, to block the oil from going any further. The other alternative is to block the oiling passage to the lifters completely, and run an external line to each head. Recommendations? What did you do on your motor? TIA - Jay

Comment

Hi Jay, I blocked the oil to the lifters completely at the back of the block where the 1/8" pipe plug is. If you follow the oiling path you can figure it out, just tap and plug the hole that feeds up to the lifter galley but leaves the rear main bearing open. If you look at the 2nd picture real close you can see the "T" installed at the right rear of the block. This feeds to the oil galley in the heads.
                Enjoy!
                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Comment

incredible, there was a local guy around here that bought 5 of them at $1000 a piece, and has sold them off over the years, just sold his very last one, at a price of $25k completely disasembled
                    gorgeous though, absolutly gorgeous......and i don;'t even like fords

Comment

I'm second in line! Think it would fit in a 97 cobra? the mod motor is at least as wide as the SOHC. Maybe we will see the motor on DW08?

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                        I'm second in line! Think it would fit in a 97 cobra? the mod motor is at least as wide as the SOHC. Maybe we will see the motor on DW08?
                        The mod motor is a tad wider, so anywhere the mod motor will fit, the cammer will fit. There's pictures floating around the internet somewhere with one installed in a 2005 Mustang, which is pretty cool.

What do you think Paul, should I stuff it in my Ford GT for Drag Week 08?? :o :o :o

Comment

license plate says: SOHC ,on a 63 ford - cop asks driver whats So Hic? - old story from Woodward ave street racer was he told cop he was out looking for his daughter who diodnt return from a date(driver was older man) - cop let him go - he was out looking for races ;D love that story , i remember when i moved to DFW in early 80's i went in a shop and they had one of them AND a Boss 429 on engine stands in office - and yes i knew they were both RARE cool stuff Ford really wanted to win nascar
                          Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I don't have any pictures of a Boss 429 in the shop but I am work on a set of NOS heads.

Another interesting engine from the Blue Oval crowd.
                            Looking at building a '29 Ford with a Boss Ford to run at the salt too. Might even put a hair dryer or 2 on it.
                            He!! we've even put vipers together

Geesh.... who'd a thunk I set a record or two with Chebbys on the salt?

300 in 1999

Comment

Geesh.... who'd a thunk I set a record or two with Chebbys on the salt?
                              You were just warmin' up with those orange motors. Show us what you can REALLY do.... ;) :D

Comment

Working...
                              X