Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Harbor Attack: Dec. 7,

Re: Pearl Harbor Attack: Dec. 7,

My Mom's brother was stationed there when they attacked, supposedly he shot a couple of the bastard down.

Comment

69 years.

I ponder an aviation based subaru with an engine remnant of nakajima aircraft company..
      they flew 50 nakajima aircarft in on the first wave.

call it a prisoner of war for today. I captured, and I conquered. ???

bad people getting weaponry, bordering insanity... I could beyond guess nothing that stupid could happen again on that scale.(that attack had no real reasons whatsoever)
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A humble thank you to all our servicemen and women, past and present.
        http://www.pearlharbor.org/
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

only you would use this day to praise that fuji heavy industry junk.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
            I could beyond guess nothing that stupid could happen again on that scale.(that attack had no real reasons whatsoever)
            Its rather interesting why they decided to attack, as they saw it there was no alternative. Prior to their invasion of Manchuria, the USA had been providing them with oil, steel, rubber, and other raw materials. When they invaded China, the USA embargoed Japan putting them in the position of backing down, completely impossible for them to even consider, or to just taking whatever they wanted from the Pacific rim countries. The only thing stopping them from dominating the entire Pacific and Eastern Asia was the US fleet based at Pearl. The US was starving them so they had to act or concede defeat, it took two atom bombs for them to admit defeat after countless losses, failures, and defeats in the Pacific.

The leadership in Japan underestimated the industrial power of the US, they had no idea how many ships, tanks, planes, guns, trucks, and assorted materials used for war we could build, and in such a short time. They also assumed incorrectly that our citizens were incapable of fighting and winning a war, that we would have others fight in our stead and we would cower from direct threats. Admiral Yammamoto knew of our capability, and he knew what would happen if we were attacked, yet he did what his leaders ordered him to do, and he planned and carried out the attack. He is supposed to have said they had only awakened a sleeping giant, and that is exactly what they had done. We built more ships in any month during 1944 than they built for the entire war, they just could not produce enough equipment to keep up and win the war. By the end of hostilities, they had very little left of what was once an incredibly powerful and well trained military.

They had a reason to attack us, but it was only due to their own twisted and warped ideology that made it impossible for them to stop, surrender, or admit defeat in any way shape or form. Pride, honor, and greed are what caused the vast destruction in the Pacific.

Comment

Exactly right. Until fairly recently I didn't know why Japan attacked us or that there had been tensions between us since the 20's.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
              X