Okay girls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay girls....

It's Freaking COLD outside.... and I would pack my Samsonite.... but I still want to be an American...

POOP.... POOP ... Poop

So tell me... what are you folks that live up north thinking???? how do you get your head around this???

It's like.... Oh... you have a warm coke... let me stick my fingers in it and ice it up....

Help me get this.... cause I don't understand how this could be "Okay"....

K

Re: Okay girls....

i prefer global warming...winter sucks
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Move to Arizona Turk, never be cold again...76 today
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It's probably unseasonably cold there but up here this is nothing yet. It's about 10* here and not too bad only because the wind isn't blowing. I'll probably go for a ride on my sled and get some coffee.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I officially Hate you Joe...

it's 30 degree's outside and I'm a candy ass..... 100% shear candy ass

I hate Cold weather... it sucks out loud.... it's okay down to around 40 then it just gets wicked cold...

Comment

Having a heat wave here right now 29*F

Comment

We are finally getting highs in the 20's for the next few days then it's back to the teens with more snow to be added to the 6 inches already on the ground.

Comment

Keith,

My Great Uncle in Grandbury TX put it best.

"Up North you have a couple months a year it's too cold outside, down here, we have a couple months a year it's too hot outside."

AC is expensive down South in the summer, Heat is expensive up North in the winter.

It's one or the other.

Get some kind of heater for your shop - reverberay makes a great radiant that's easy to live with - and use it when you need it.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dear candy ass,

The temp on the car dashboard today said 3* on the way to work. I pushed a button so it changed to to a trip odometer. At work I sit right by the front wall of the building (but have a window to see the snow) and a space heater running under my desk. My parents were born here, I was born here, the relatives and friends are here, the kids and grandkids are here, I'm f&%@#* moving to FL next week. Not really. I'll just go buy a bigger warmer coat this weekend, when it supposed to get really cold.

Jim dumbs**t
                  PS Don't lick the flagpole. Really. Don't.
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

I have lived all over the eastern U.S. Up north is was so cold that we had to dump diesel fuel on the dozer tracks and light them on fire, just to thaw the ice, so we could go to work. We layered up and just dealt with the cold.

Here in Fla it gets so hot in August that the asphalt melts and even your work boots are wet with sweat. We wear super light, white clothes and deal with it.

Each has it's good and bad, but Keith, I think from Enterprise to Nashville you have the best of both worlds. Live it up man, your one of the lucky ones.

Have a couple of hot toddys and call me in the morning,
                    DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I'm with you, Keith. I'm in FL at Mom's (Clearwater) and it's still pretty chilly. Mary Ellen tells me it's too cold in NC to walk the dogs much so I, apparently, am getting off easy. I'll be home by the middle of the month so I'm hoping things are back to normal by then. I've got a mezzanine to pick up and install!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                        I officially Hate you Joe...

it's 30 degree's outside and I'm a candy ass..... 100% shear candy ass

I hate Cold weather... it sucks out loud.... it's okay down to around 40 then it just gets wicked cold...
                        DUDE-30 Degrees? I cannot stand it when it is 50 degrees outside!! we had two mornings last week at 35 and I wanted to move to Hawaii! I spent my 1st 25 years in cold/snow/ugh, never again!
                        67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                        05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

It's not about wrapping your head around it, it's about wrapping your Carhartt around it. Bundle up and go have some fun. It's been snowing for 3 days here, I'm having a blast. Went out last night and plowed 3" off of the driveway with the quad. Not because I had to but because it was fun. I freakin' love snow...
                          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Believe it or not - I prefer to do manual labor outside when it's 50F to 30F.

Last Saturday we were gathering firewood, dropping trees, cutting them into ~20" lengths and loading them into the trucks. We were sweating wearing jeans, sweatshirt, hat, gloves, it was 35F. I had to take my carhart coat off.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

wait wait,, it's because of global warming..
                              oh well,, maybe you'll get snow..
                              I heard buffalo is nice this time of year..
                              they got over 3 feet in a few days time. quit yer b! tch'n

Comment

Working...
                              X