AMERICAN ICON: THE HOT ROD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMERICAN ICON: THE HOT ROD

HD THEATER on Direct TV has a great series about hot rods. Lots of vintage film and pictures and interviews with people like Edelbrock,Hilborn,Isky, Ivo etc. Foose hosts.
    Also look up Cafe Racer on the same channel. Pre record them, especially Cafe Racer. The have too many commercials.

Nick

Re: AMERICAN ICON: THE HOT ROD

Yep, chasing classic cars,isle of man tt, WRC, and alot more.

Comment

what channel #

Comment

Channel 280 something in Colorado
        Nick

Comment

what is a hot rod ? what is the sound of one hand clapping ?

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone
            Channel 280 something in Colorado
            Nick
            280 is tlc here.
            Idon't have hd so that might be it.. i'll look through the guide..

Comment

So so on the Hot Rod show.... but I do copy Cafe Racer.... cause I dig the scooters and the builds....

that V2 500 Honda was cool.... totally worthless... but disco bitchen all the same....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                So so on the Hot Rod show.... but I do copy Cafe Racer.... cause I dig the scooters and the builds....

that V2 500 Honda was cool.... totally worthless... but disco bitchen all the same....

K
                Both shows are better if you tape then and FF thru the damn commercials.

Nick

Comment

Dad and I watched two episodes last night - they were great TV.
                  Lots of stuff with the pioneers of the hot rodding - most excellent!
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

saw the ads , don't subsribe to hd channels with my 1997 tv

Comment

Saw the episode before HD got yanked by Dish Network here. They took away FX, and added HD Theater in it place.

Just as I settled for losing Sons of Anrchy, etc, I got hooked on all the auto/bike type shows on HD, then they switched them back so now I'm having a Chasing Classic cars and Cafe Racer jones.

I've said it before, any bad auto related program is better than a good regular program, for a gearhead anyhow.

Anyone see the Hollywood Car Chases programs on Speed? They were pretty good too.
                      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                        Saw the episode before HD got yanked by Dish Network here. They took away FX, and added HD Theater in it place.

Just as I settled for losing Sons of Anrchy, etc, I got hooked on all the auto/bike type shows on HD, then they switched them back so now I'm having a Chasing Classic cars and Cafe Racer jones.

I've said it before, any bad auto related program is better than a good regular program, for a gearhead anyhow.

Anyone see the Hollywood Car Chases programs on Speed? They were pretty good too.
                        Is Chasing classic cars a show ? I seem to remember a show where guys looked for barn finds like American Pickers but with cars.

Comment

HD Theater (HDTH is the call letters on the guide channel) is the ONLY thing I'll miss this August when my 2 year Direct TV sentence is up.

Comment

channel 281

They have several good shows for the auto minded people on there
                            sigpic

Comment

Chip needs to get better at reading the cue cards....
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X