Absinthe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absinthe

I got two bottles of Kubler on the way home since I was up north at the mall...2 glasses in the chill in the air is gone.
    Anyone else ever drink this stuff?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: Absinthe

I've had it, some in Vegas and in British Columbia. Hope you like black licorice. You pouring it over a sugarcube?
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

We had a little out of the bottle just to see what it was like, the clerk recomended pouring it over a sugarcube on a spoon, so we got some and it does make a difference. It does tase like licorice very smooth though.
      Originally posted by TC

Comment

In B.C. I had it raw (just over the sugar) and loved it. This was the pre-legalization stuff. Vegas it was mixed up as a "Bourbon St. Tea", it was cut with vodka, melon liquor and Sierra Mist. Not too bad.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Sandy called last glass...she just went to turn the heating blanket on. We just had to try it and were talking about who this would make great Christmas gifts for.
          Sandy just brought up the hangover comment, will we have one?
          Busy day tomorrow, I promised I'd get up at 4:00am with her...
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

Can't answer that one. In B.C. I was 16 and using an fake ID. In Vegas I drank five glasses worth of rum-based drinks, shots of whiskey, and a 32-oz Everclear slurpee with extra shots...I had a hangover no matter what I did.

Comment

LOL....
              I'll let you know in a few hours then...
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Tonya and I had some when we went down to visit JT in the French quarter..... I suspect ours was somewhat Modified.... Long story... but we didn't hallucinate... ( which is good ... )

Comment

If I had some, I don't remember. :

I don't believe I have. is that stuff green or what?
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Remy's comments should be tempered with the fact that he can put booze away with the best of them, at a rate few can compete with - well - Brian could whiskey him under the table, but he's a pro. ;D
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

For those of you that are wondering what the heck they are talking about;

Absinthe is historically described as a distilled, highly alcoholic (45-74% ABV) beverage.
                      It is an anise-flavoured spirit derived from herbs, including the flowers and leaves of the herb Artemisia absinthium, commonly referred to as "grande wormwood", together with green anise and sweet fennel. Absinthe traditionally has a natural green colour but can also be colourless. It is commonly referred to in historical literature as la f'ee verte (the Green Fairy). Although it is sometimes mistakenly called a liqueur, absinthe is not bottled with added sugar and is therefore classified as a spirit. Absinthe is unusual among spirits in that it is bottled at a very high proof but is normally diluted with water when consumed.

More here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

A reservoir glass filled with a naturally coloured verte absinthe, next to an absinthe spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                        Remy's comments should be tempered with the fact that he can put booze away with the best of them, at a rate few can compete with - well - Brian could whiskey him under the table, but he's a pro. ;D
                        Doubtful John...that big fellow could probably plow an elephant under.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          John, even Brian was shooting me some interesting looks just at the dinner alone, nevermind during the Slurpee hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                            John, even Brian was shooting me some interesting looks just at the dinner alone, nevermind during the Slurpee hunt.
                            Those were because you were drinkin a pink drink, darlin, not from the amount of alcohol you were consuming :D
                            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z
                              Those were because you were drinkin a pink drink, darlin, not from the amount of alcohol you were consuming :D
                              No, it had something to do with ordering absinthe and a shot, and before he could ask what the shot was, it was gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X