Christmas present advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas present advice

For the first time I'm stumped at what to buy my dad for Christmas. Last year, he really scored (and uses everyday) a Dewalt 18v cordless impact driver..... but this year, I'm coming up with bupkiss for ideas....

He's certainly a gearhead, has a complete sheet metal shop and most of the tools that go with it.... projects are a 65 SS, 55 Buick Special, 57 Chev Truck (and about 20 other less important cars)..... what do you get the guy who really does have everything?

I'm planning on spending <200 and would rather be at the $100.00 mark.....
    thoughts?

Oh yeah, and Forza - great suggestion
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Christmas present advice

I don't know how much stuff he does that's not car related, but DeWalt makes a whole bunch of 18v tools. They take the same battery and are pretty good. My uncle has a bunch, screw gun, grinder, circular saw, reciprocating saw, etc. They're handy to take into the field when something breaks down or you want to build something out of reach of extension cords. If he never leaves 'cord range' they may not be as good a gift. They are still nice to have around when you don't feel like having to plug something in, just grab and go. Not sure on the prices, but probably in range.

Comment

Free Shipping - Summit Gifts 30676 with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Desktop Collectables at Summit Racing.

someone gave one of these to Larry Larson at his B-Day Party its cool!! and was a big hit with Larry
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
        Free Shipping - Summit Gifts 30676 with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Desktop Collectables at Summit Racing.

someone gave one of these to Larry Larson at his B-Day Party its cool!! and was a big hit with Larry
        I looked just like this guy around 2:30 this afternoon.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

What about a gearhead movie pack? 'World's Fastest Indian', 'Gran Torino', 'Cars', 'Gone In 60 Seconds', 'American Grafiti', etc...

Let me scratch my head a little more and see if I could come up with something a little more original.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC

Does he like listening to tunes when
            working in the shop? MP3 player loaded with songs

Clothing.....that Snooky guy here has some cool
            gear head stuff or check out Moon Eyes for some neat
            stuff
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

If he has that many cars in the works..
              gift card from a auto parts store or a vender he uses danchuck,year one, kanters, etc it's a metal shop.. so he welds alot..
              a gift card to his fav. welding surply store..
              ect.

it's your dad.. your a laywer you can spend the 2 c notes..
              does he have battery tenders? to keep the batteries charged but not over charged.. you can get 2 for just over 100.oo
              eastwood sells them. but you can find them cheaper on line (amazon) just make sure if you do .you get the original ..
              they last forever..

Comment

Why does the gift have to be something tangible? I believe the most precious gift you can give somebody is your time. Most parents over 50 pretty much have everything they want or need because they can buy stuff themselves. Go and do something special with him and take pictures so the memories last forever. Maybe a camera? lol.
                2006 HRPT LH
                2007 HRPT LH
                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT
                  Why does the gift have to be something tangible? I believe the most precious gift you can give somebody is your time. Most parents over 50 pretty much have everything they want or need because they can buy stuff themselves. Go and do something special with him and take pictures so the memories last forever. Maybe a camera? lol.
                  Spending time with your Dad.... I love when my son's come over and help me work on my car..... Best gift ever! ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                    If he has that many cars in the works..
                    gift card from a auto parts store or a vender he uses danchuck,year one, kanters, etc it's a metal shop.. so he welds alot..
                    a gift card to his fav. welding surply store..
                    ect.

it's your dad.. your a laywer you can spend the 2 c notes..
                    does he have battery tenders? to keep the batteries charged but not over charged.. you can get 2 for just over 100.oo
                    eastwood sells them. but you can find them cheaper on line (amazon) just make sure if you do .you get the original ..
                    they last forever..

good idea on the battery tender?

however, I'd be remiss not to point out that I defend blokes like you - and trust me, it's not a way to great wealth.... ;)

Originally posted by LadyGT
                    hmmmm.... good suggestion for anyone.... we do swap meets together - not so good about working in the same space (nice thing about being older, we recognize each other's flaws and avoid them).
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A friend of mine got me one of these for my B-day a couple of years ago. It's a little more than the $200 you plan on spending, but hey it's your DAD!!!!!

Or I always find giving one of these as a good present.

It's a socket extension that has a handle on it. This is the stubby one, there is an 8" one to, which is the one I normally give to people.

Here are the links to both.

Comment

Damn, tree'd by Monk. That thing is funnier than hell. Beck's got one and plays with it when he's waiting for DG to get his tune on. ;D

I may buy one for myself.

Get your hats, shirts, jackets, and other clothing and personal items with the logos of your favorite performance brands, so your wardrobe will be as powerful as your ride. Summit Racing injects hotrod style into your home and garage too, with vintage-style metal signs, neon signs, clocks, and inspired works of art for your walls, shelves, desks, and tables. We even have go-fast furniture, plus die-cast collectable cars and toys for kids of all ages!

Comment

It's not car related, but he might like one of these.
                          Johnny Walker Gold http://www.johnniewalker.com/en-us/goldlabel/
                          Glenlivet 21 year old http://www.columbuswines.com/sku184500.html
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                          X